• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 Dragon weird electrical no acc power

P
Apr 5, 2019
La pine, Or
bought a bit of a project sled this summer to get me onto snow as money went into starting a business this year. its a 09' dragon 800 163 , motor was blown when purchased and sled in some pieces but supposedly everything else worked lights warmers etc.. got engine together new top end etc. and when i started it up i have no gauges warmers lights etc but engine runs like a top. i had a spare used VR i put on with the same issues so i went further. found a cheap off brand relay on the harness that was partially melted and replaced that and now when i start the sled that relay just clicks rapidly like 3-5 times per second non stop and thats where i have stoped for further research and see if anyone has had a similar issue. still no lights or anything. have check main ground next to ecu and is showing good ground to chassis and even added a second jump wire ground for test purposes

if anyone has anyone test procedures that would be greatly appreciated, voltage on this wire etc

personally dont need the warmers lights etc but i do appreciate a gauge for rpms and engine temp idiot light. so wondering if i could run sled as is and not hurt the ecu or anything else related

thanks all for the help and advice. might order a manual if needed

P
Apr 5, 2019
La pine, Or
found the issue, for some reason when oil level sensor hooked up it does this issues unplug and it works great, found issue by unplugging all handlebar plugs and brake light etc basically all plugs behind the air box. tested and everything worked gauges warmers etc. then plugged them in one by one until i had no gauges warmer etc and it is on the harness side not the sensor. top off oil every ride and forget about it.

hope this helps for anyone having this issue i have also heard of the brake light harness causing issues (under the tank what i read) and also the wiring behind secondary clutch getting frayed.

happy riding to all and to all powdays!

Premium Features