• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07/08 M1000 ECU Update Testing Results

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
I had mine remapped when I picked it up new. With it running break in gas, and the 060 belt when I should be running the 046 belt, I rode it side by side with my buddy who has the same sled only a 153, other than I have a can and he does not. My sled had considerably more 'snort', and ran passed his all day.

R

rigrat

Apr 19, 2008
Alberta
I had mine remapped when I picked it up new. With it running break in gas, and the 060 belt when I should be running the 046 belt, I rode it side by side with my buddy who has the same sled only a 153, other than I have a can and he does not. My sled had considerably more 'snort', and ran passed his all day.
What kind of can are you using? Thanks.

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
First ride with the update saturday.
The good: Pretty much everywhere, not a huge difference, but throttle response seemed better, top end seemed better, ran better than before from what I could tell.
Only issue was idling after unloading or any excessive idling sled seemed to be loaded up at first, once I was riding, no problems, short idles, no problems.
Only ran 3 gallons of fuel, but mileage seemed to be the same if not better.

The bad: Sled missed and died on a hill mid day, almost high sided and rolled the sled. Was lucky to stick it on the hill.
Sled has no spark!
Checked some things on the hill, couldn't find anything, towed it back.
Guage and lights try to light up when pulling engine over sometimes, and then they don't at other times.:mad:
I have had ZERO issues with my sled before this reflash and was skeptical getting it done, sled is out of warranty.
It is stripped down right now so all wiring is easily accesible... I have yet to find any broken/grounded out wires.
Will be in contact with local dealer this afternoon... Can't help but think they should stand behind it!
Sled is bone stock!

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Killer I did not experience the exact same issue as you but am also having major electrical issues after the reflash. Once my sled heats up it will not rev past 4000 rpms as if something is retarding the ignition. Before the reflash I never had any issue with this sled and first ride after the reflash this happens. I contacted my dealer today and he is suppose to talk with AC about it. I believe the new reflash is causing a failure in the voltage regulator but have nothing to back this up except I was able to get mine to run by packing snow on the regulator. For some reason they changed the voltage regulator on the 09's and I think they did that for a reason. Keep us updated on what your dealer is doing for you and I will do the same as mine is out of warranty too but I feel this is something that AC should stand behind.

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
Trigger coil #1 on the stator is bad... Open line.
Service manager is supposed to call cat today.
I will post the results when I find out.
From what they told me, the voltage regulator has nothing to do with spark.
Silver box, (CCU)

C
Dec 14, 2007
Got my update done the mapping is better but the bottom end still bogs sometimes .My sled is stock went to put my snoskinz can back on and the sled just falls on its face from about 5500-wfo.Any ideas why its doing that.

Team Pigeon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2006
Pass Creek, BC.
Ran super fine for ONE DAY after the update. Ran up to the trail head today for some ripping and couldn't start it.

Pulled and pulled, it would fire but wouldn't start. Then I got some odd backfiring and would stop me from pulling right quick. That engine would pull the rope right out on my hands. Nearly pulled my arm out of the socket. Pulled a bit more, backfired a bit more, broke my pull cord. Proceed to curse Arctic Cat.

I got spark outta all four plugs and fuel but she still won't start. Fuse ok, wiggled all sorts of wires, jumpered the pump with a 9 volt, unplugged and re-plugged all the other wires. What a POS.

Last edited:
G
Mar 27, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
although, i must add, i havent tried this in stock form, i have an mbrp can and havent had updates to the airbox. And it seems to me, that aftermarket cans are the common denominator in the bad running updated sleds!

M
Jul 5, 2001
Wyoming
Not right

its not the up date that is all of a sudden causing these issues.
some of ours has been a POS since the 1st re map....

and your right Cat doesn't seem to have It figured out- and with the 2010 being the last year.. I guess since you can't tweak it and get it right for everyone-- just scrap it I guess..
I for one am not buying a light weight cranked sled either..:eek:

MD

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
On my sled, and comments from my service managers customers sleds, if it is stock it is an improvement.
My sled has ran great from day 1, and runs even better with the reflash.
Like others have said, your sled needs to be stock, which mine is.
Noticeable improvement over an already great running sled.
Unfortunately a bad coincidence that my stator went out half way through the day after the reflash.
Props to Matt at Newgate Motorsports for getting cat to help me out even though my warranty is up.
I will be the first to say that their parts department leaves something to be desired, but their service department is very good.

C
Nov 27, 2007
Saskatchewan
Got mine updated right before a trip to Cooke City...rode three days and never had a bog, pop, or any other problem. The only adjustment I made was to add a couple of points to the 5000 rpm setting. I still went a lot higher than a stock 162", so I'm not complaining at all :)

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
besides my on going belt burning issue, my sled runs like raped ape. new reflash helped everywhere and even helped me get my AFR numbers down on the top end. When my clutches and belt are cool after resting this sled cannot be stopped. It's insanely fast and i rarely if ever get stuck in the first few pulls. After everything is HOT though, i'm a little bummed with it. Got the numbers more dialed in this week in whistler and now she runs DAMN hard. Impressed!!! Did i mention I have engine reverse now too!? :D this very will could be the world's perfect sled if i could just figure out the belt issues. Ugh...

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
Oil consumption after reflash

I've been cheching my fuel/oil ration the last 3 rides and have noticed I am buring alot of oil.
1st ride: 36:1
2nd ride: 34:1
3rd ride" 42:1. This one may not be that accurate as I only burnt 8.4 litres of fuel.
Before the reflash I was at 48:1 and running strong.
The point being is that before the reflash this sled ran strong with no bog. Since then it is running poorly in the midrange and now bottom end. I tried dialing in the fuel with no success and now adjusted the belt deflection with moderate success, but the bog now seems to be more on the bottom end.
Feeling like this issue may be an oil bog.
Anyone have any thoughts on this??

T&A1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Craig, Colorado
Sounds like most people with aftermarket cans are unhappy. Has anyone had good luck with an aftermarket can?? I don't really want to put the stock one back on.

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
Can and reflash

Sounds like most people with aftermarket cans are unhappy. Has anyone had good luck with an aftermarket can?? I don't really want to put the stock one back on.

Yes, I have an aftermarket Lightning can, and mine runs like a raped ape. Runs past my buddy's sled (identical w/o reflash) all day every day.

On another note, I was told that I didn't dare put any other mods on my sled without adding a fuel controller. I would like to put a bdx or timbersled intake on, but don't dare... anyone tried this without a fuel controller? How about with a fuel pressure regulator?

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
Not sure about mods without a controler.
After my reflash my stator took a crap, so I have the sled tore apart.
Plugs are choclate brown, and wash looks good.
I wouldn't want it to be any leaner by the looks of it.

Premium Features