Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: Proclimb M 2012 and beyond

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2018, 06:22 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
tmgilder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default telescopic steering post

looking at a new sled and it has the telescopic steering post. I know this hasnt been a fan for many riders. I have found two solutions for this, one is a part where you cut your existing post and mount a T style bracket to it to where you can then mount a fixed riser. the other option to replace the entire steering post to the fixed unit. Im asking if anyone has tried the first option, and how it held up. its cheaper and less time installing. i dont have much experience with taking the whole sled apart (which is needed to change the entire post out) and dont really want to pay a shop to do it if i dont have too. any advise or experience with these options is appreciated. thanks!

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 08-13-2018, 06:28 PM
ndfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond repute

Taking the sled apart is not as big of a deal as you think. If you buy the fixed post, the directions and steps are pretty straight forward. If it's your first time it might take you an hour, and it would be good practice.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndfb35 For This Useful Post:
tmgilder (08-13-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 10:19 PM
Storskogen is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the reason why people don't like the adjustable post is that it has to much play and that problem will still be there if you cut it shorter. I use Canada Sledparts bushings, they have less play but when you raise it it the play gets worse. Im always riding with it in the lowest setting (Im 190cm tall). If you ride with it high you might also bend the adjustable post.

M800 -13, Speedwerx full exhaust, PCV. BC WT 660T -06

The Following User Says Thank You to Storskogen For This Useful Post:
tmgilder (08-14-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 10:15 PM
line8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond repute

I removed it and installed the zbroz T and new bushings.
I did like the adjustability so I bought the Rox adjustable riser and while I was at it, I installed cfr bars. Very much improved. The feel is so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to line8 For This Useful Post:
tmgilder (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 05:58 PM
Currently: '14 m8 SP 153-hyvos, dmnd-s, anti-stb,
Vern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Don't replace it before you ride it just because you've read that people don't like it. Some people enjoy the adjustable post, I'd ride it first and see how you like it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vern For This Useful Post:
Frostbite (08-16-2018), tmgilder (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 07:41 PM
Currently: Alpha Hawk!
Thanked 1,119 Times in 545 Posts
summ8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond repute

My biggest complaint with the adjustable post is, how far back the bars are.
Tilt the fixed bar riser forward till it is at 90° to the floor, and the bars are 2.5" forward.
That 2.5" is a huge improvement in riding stance, especially down a whooped trail!

Old 08-16-2018, 08:58 PM
sno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't want to go over the bars with that post extended. set how summ8rmk describes, the riser will pivot forward fairly easily if you have an unfortunate.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:07 PM
Currently: Dreaming of riding in deep, deep powder!
Frostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Vern on this one. I have had the adjustable bars on my 09 M8 (the first year for adjustable bars) and I have them on my 2015 M800 (the last year of adjustable bars) and I have to say I like them.

I ride with them either all the way up or one click down from the top and have for 10 seasons on both sleds with no issues. I do have the AMP bar riser that moves the bars up an inch and an inch and half forward I believe. I ride off trail almost exclusively as well.

So, give the bars a try. I don't think there are that many issues with them unless you jump a lot or really get after it WAY more than a normal guy.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:23 PM
summ8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno*jet View Post
I wouldn't want to go over the bars with that post extended. set how summ8rmk describes, the riser will pivot forward fairly easily if you have an unfortunate.
Thanks,
I forgot about this. This is also a very important.
I replaced handle bars on my 14 because of a gentle roll over. The pivot riser will allow the bars to roll forward instead of folding/ bending.

Also, i never move my adjustable riser.
And on my 09, 14, and second 14.
On super cold days with snow falling, i have had the lock let loose and bars fully extend (ride in second to lowest setting) while bouncing up a steep climb and almost crash because of it.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:44 PM
line8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond repute
Old 08-19-2018, 01:00 AM
Currently: Keyboard highmarking at its best.
jim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 08-19-2018, 10:18 AM
Storskogen is an unknown quantity at this point

Click Here to Register

Old 08-28-2018, 09:17 PM
Clark42 has a reputation beyond reputeClark42 has a reputation beyond reputeClark42 has a reputation beyond reputeClark42 has a reputation beyond reputeClark42 has a reputation beyond reputeClark42 has a reputation beyond reputeClark42 has a reputation beyond reputeClark42 has a reputation beyond reputeClark42 has a reputation beyond reputeClark42 has a reputation beyond reputeClark42 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 08-28-2018, 09:37 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 08-28-2018, 10:01 PM
Clark42 has a reputation beyond reputeClark42 has a reputation beyond reputeClark42 has a reputation beyond reputeClark42 has a reputation beyond reputeClark42 has a reputation beyond reputeClark42 has a reputation beyond reputeClark42 has a reputation beyond reputeClark42 has a reputation beyond reputeClark42 has a reputation beyond reputeClark42 has a reputation beyond reputeClark42 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Clark42 For This Useful Post:
summ8rmk (08-28-2018)