• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Short Cuts and Tricks.. Pro Chassis

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
I installed the Polaris glove bag and didn't like fooling around with the tab that shares the fastener for the hood. I drilled a little hole and put a small ty-rap around it so it's always lined up. I also made a small groove so the fastener is just as easy to remove.

Glove Bag.jpg

M
Oct 16, 2010
Originally Posted by Oergonsledder

You don't have to drill a hole. I did what you did and I put a 90 degree plastic elbow on the end and it fit through the hole for the chain case drain so nothing will pool inside the sled... no hole drilled.
Do you think it'll be alright to have the hose sticking out the bottom? I'd be worried about the end getting plugged with snow or ice... or drawing in snow maybe?

Just wondering if there would be any issues running it that way. I sure am sick of the oily mess in the belly pan, I may have to extend it around and out the bottom...

Last edited:
O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
Do you think it'll be alright to have the hose sticking out the bottom? I'd be worried about the end getting plugged with snow or ice... or drawing in snow maybe?

Just wondering if there would be any issues running it that way. I sure am sick of the oily mess in the belly pan, I may have to extend it around and out the bottom...

So far 125 miles in all kinds of snow... deep, and skinny, no problems. I have checked it a few times to see if it iced up, so far so good.

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
Also I turned the bolts around that mount the bumper so they don't cut me up while bailing off either. My first Polaris, but why oh why do they leave exposed bolt ends hanging out in the wind to snag your body/clothes on? bumper bolts, seat mount bolts, foot edge rail bolts...Yikes![/QUOTE]

i thought the same thing to so i put the nut on the inside, bad idea. under hard compression the track will hit the end of the forward bolt. ripping your track and bending the bolt forward and tweaking your tunnel, i know i did it.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Polaris states that the nuts go on the outside just for that track compression reason.

I moved my VES evac line also. Drops down and comes out at my A-arm on pipe side.

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
Interesting, bottomed out many times jumping with multiple shock combinations and valving throughout last season ...hard enough to bend the foot rails... and have no track or tunnel damage to speak of. I'm sure you guys are right to be concerned about it. I may have ground down the extra length, honestly I can't remember. Spent an entire evening last fall grinding down sharp edges all over the sled. Bolts, rear bumper, drop brackets, suspension, spindles where they contacted various a-arms, etc... The sled had a lot of edges that were way too sharp for my liking. I seem to fall off/bail/get ejected a lot:face-icon-small-con and just think of the additional weight loss...

Last edited:

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Also I turned the bolts around that mount the bumper so they don't cut me up while bailing off either. My first Polaris, but why oh why do they leave exposed bolt ends hanging out in the wind to snag your body/clothes on? bumper bolts, seat mount bolts, foot edge rail bolts...Yikes!

i thought the same thing to so i put the nut on the inside, bad idea. under hard compression the track will hit the end of the forward bolt. ripping your track and bending the bolt forward and tweaking your tunnel, i know i did it.[/QUOTE]

Problem solved....Don't bail!

You could get some acorn nuts to cover the bolt ends.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2

Premium Features