• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

horrible dealer service.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Ahh you talked to dave!

907 the reeds are not the issue i had it in at arctic cat in anch, before the reeds were in and showed them the fitment issue, i mentioned this to dave too! I also have another buddy with the same reeds with no issues my cowling hasnt fit right from day 1, as you will see my post on here wih 1" door trim before the reeds were installed too.. When i was in anch suz i walked down the line and 1 out of 6 sleds had the cowling fitment issue... I pointed it out to anch suzuki! They already did my service work and i was picking it up to go riding or i would have seen what anch suz did for the fitment issue.

I got two sets of reeds sent from boyesen both in 12m's and both fit perfect! And are a great product!

You dont know me or my rep i know for a fact you havnt talked to any other dealers. let me get this right you called up the dealers and asked them about me? Hahahaha no your talking out your *** buddy....

What it all boils down to bro is Dave knows i was respectful he cant say anything i said or did and nothing will come up about his side cause there isnt another story.

Do you really think i would leave my sled with someone i thought had negative energy with me!?? Hell no!!

Thats great he pulls parts off sleds for you, just hope it wasnt one of the sleds my buddys bought.

-Aksnopro

Last edited:
C

catweasel

Feb 20, 2010
Jackson, WY
www.jacksonholeargo.com
i didnt have to call them they called me.carefull what you say and who you talk about.you dont know me either.but i did lose all respect for you after you posted this crap.

Other dealers just called you out of the blue to tell you about aksnopro? Man, you have to quit drinking before you post.

"Hi, I am a Anchorage Cat dealer and I just wanted to call you to talk about aksnopro". Yeah, right.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
this post is usless and sound like somebody treated the dealer poorly.i have been dealing with dave for 10 years.all his employes are family. service is the absolute best.dave has loaned me sleds when mine cant be fixed in time for the weekend.he has pulled parts off of sleds on the floor instead of saying [there on back order].he has gone out all hours of the night to help fellow riders in need,even getting wet in overflow.when im in need of a new atv or sled i just call dave and its there as fast as possible,price doesent matter cause its always the best price,and you cant put a price on service.i have called dave on the morning of a ride with issues and he has opened his shop at 7 am on a sunday.so for someone to bash him on here i needed to do some homework.aksnopro has a history of being hard to deal with,as i found out calling other dealers in the area.why else would you drive 2 hours past the other dealers for warrenty work?why would he post this in this section?whaaaaa somebody hold me.why not the alaska section.and why would you guys south even post unless you got both sides of the story.desk jockys trying to get the most posts?about the reeds,they are thicker than stock and the airbox cant be fastened properly.screws werent even installed up front,they wont lineup.i would not ask dave to turn his head to mods,i would remove them before warrenty work.and if your going to be rude to women on the phone you deserved to be thrown out.aksnopro,how many sleds have you bought from dave? 0.how many times have you asked dave to find you atvs or sleds only to never follow up.always looking for the best deal,leaving dave stuck with a prowler.this is not right but i didnt go on a public forum bashing a dealer without giving the whole story.you shouldent be burning bridges unless you want to go to fairbanks for work.

So... to the situation he's currently talking about, his reeds have too big a spacer, so they couldn't do the other warranty/ service bulletin work?

There's a big difference between "hard to deal with" (as I read, particular) and being horrible enough to take pictures of a guys sled, not do the work you said you were going to do, and then trying to charge for the bulletin work that should be free.

Btw, he did post in the AK section on BCR, and posted here, where he posts a lot, like many of us "desk jockeys looking to up our post count".:face-icon-small-con Me, I don't even have a sled, I rode one once in 07, it was fun.:face-icon-small-win but I DO care about someone being taken advantage of (difficult to deal with or not) by a dealer.
If that happened around here the dealer would be hurting, because a TON of the local market is on here & we all talk & go to bat for each other.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
i didnt have to call them they called me.carefull what you say and who you talk about.you dont know me either.but i did lose all respect for you after you posted this crap.

Really,

Unless someone has solid proof AK was a flat out jack a ss or lying about what actually took place, I'm on his side (not 100% because I don't have both sides). He has been around for a while and might be naive about a few things and a little cocky but not an AS$.

So I say to you, you don't know who we are, so back it up and provide something of value or the respect for you is far below your respect for AK.

On another note there are plenty that think my dealer is an as$, but he doesn't pull chit like this.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Btw, Dave's response to this.

"A customer brings in a brand new sled that constantly blows belts and the hood does not fit, causing snow ingestion and some of the panels to be melted from the exhaust. All legitimate warranty issues for a brand new sled. Upon inspection, we find a customer installed solid link from the engine torque plate to the frame, aftermarket boyesen reed valves, and an aftermarket muffler. ALL and any of these technically void your factory warranty. The reeds are 3/8 in. longer than stock, causing the intake boot to stick out that much farther and the hood to not fit correctly. This potentially leads to snow ingestion and engine failure. The metal strap connecting the engine plate and frame transfers engine vibration directly to the frame, causing stress cracks. We were willing to work with the customer up until the point when he called and yelled at an employee at the front counter. We will do just about anything for our customers but when a somebody comes in wanting free warranty work on issues that are caused by him and not the responsibility of us or Arctic Cat, a line has to be drawn. The belt blowing was caused in part by a jack shaft nut the customer had over-tightened by 20 ft lbs. We disassembled and re-torqued the nut. In the end, Alaska Mountain Magic ate the 3 hours of labor that was spent on his sled as neither Arctic Cat nor the customer paid anything for the work that was done. He was told that there would be NO CHARGE for any of the work and he would need to take the machine somewhere else. We will not put our reputation with Arctic Cat or anybody else on the line for somebody who treats our employees with disrespect expects us to warranty issues that are self inflicted."

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
I mentioned the reeds and the strap to him pior before i dropped it off, i told him i have no problem removig the strap if he can fix the issue.

So apon inspection is bs he knew....

I called back a week later asking about the fitmet issue i speciially told him it wasnt the reeds as i looked this over thoroughly. The reeds were my first guess too, but i assure you they are not a half inch longer.

He knew of the reeds and the strap, all it has for an exhaust is a can. Which still is bs all cowlings are melting....

The jackshaft was torqued to 45 ft pounds by anchorage suzuki, i mentioned this too...

I assure you the only part we went wrong on the phone was when i disagred with billings then said what!? You didnt do any updates....

2 hours later the sled was in my hands. And thats when it was appearant they had issues with me
Disagreeng with biliing.. But all this is after he mis diagnosed my cowling issue and sent cat pics...

I toldem it wasnt the reeds i sucked my bumper back so at first thats what it seems like. With how tite the colw fits between the bumper and the intake..

-Aksnopro

T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
What do you call this show again???? :ranger:

"As The Snowmobile Track Turns", or maybe "Days of or Sleds"

I looked at this thread, as I'm sure many of you did to see dealer service level....All we have is guys saying the old "he said" or "They Did this" etc...
I'm sure the dealers are taking enough slack on these sleds they don't need any more "bad press" from a "partial story" on the snowest threads.

I'm sure there was an issue of some sort, but we will never know the whole story....All I'm saying is don't bash a dealer because of one incident that we don't know everything about. Just my .02

Hope everything works out...

C

catweasel

Feb 20, 2010
Jackson, WY
www.jacksonholeargo.com
Hmmm.....an overtight jacknut causing 800's belts to blow. I think not or everyone would have an 800 that didn't chew belts. Also, a can and reeds should not void warranty IMO. He didn't bring it in for stress cracks nor can the dealer prove the mod would create them. Sorry, sounds like the dealer was kinda an *** to me.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
If he bashed the dealer I would have said "hold on a minute AK" but he didn't he came on and told us his side of what took place.

With the response BC just posted, it has its role as well but I am still on the side of AK. The dealer must not have a clue as to what is going on with these problems or they would have known why the brace was in there and not stuck his head up his asz and just pointed fingers saying VOID- your f cked AK have a nice day, at least thats about what I got out of it.

BTW, at this point I would already be in the polaris dealership if I was AK.

Could someone refer me to pics or what ever it is about the cowling not fitting.

C

catweasel

Feb 20, 2010
Jackson, WY
www.jacksonholeargo.com
Also, why would the dealer not complete the updates? Whether the warranty was void or not, and update is due to a design flaw or manufacturing issue, not a warranty problem. The manufacturer has decided that the current design needs a repair or upgrade and has stated it needs to be completed. It is not up to the dealer to decide whether or not to do this.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Also, why would the dealer not complete the updates? Whether the warranty was void or not, and update is due to a design flaw or manufacturing issue, not a warranty problem. The manufacturer has decided that the current design needs a repair or upgrade and has stated it needs to be completed. It is not up to the dealer to decide whether or not to do this.

just maybe, dealer decided to be an asz.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
I still dont see why he looked for reasons to void my waranty rather then fix what he could legit-ally.... He should have told me he cant do anything for me for the melted cowling and snow ingestion, dont blackball me!

Especially if i mentioned both to him before he even looked at it.

Atleast do my updates its back at another cat shop now for the same issues i brought it in to him for.

Remember there were no hard words or energy till billing....

-Aksnopro

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I still dont see why he looked for reasons to void my waranty rather then fix what he could legit-ally.... He should have told me he cant do anything for me for the melted cowling and snow ingestion, dont blackball me!

Especially if i mentioned both to him before he even looked at it.

Atleast do my updates its back at another cat shop now for the same issues i brought it in to him for.

Remember there were no hard words or energy till billing....

-Aksnopro

So just out of curiosity, when it came to billing where you an asz, if you where you can't really bash, (not saying you did) and if you did it would be pointless to make sense of any of it.
Other than I think the guy is a douche for keeping the sled to long for not doing anything and throwing a tantrum and taking pics, thats just stupid no matter how you look at it. And yes calling him a douche is bashing on my part and if he wants to get on here and tell me other wise and explain his actions I'm all ears.
As for AK I doubt he said or did anything near what I would have if it something so ridiculous happened to me.

Is the billing person his wife or something, that would make a lot of sense.

Last edited:
D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
Unbelievable. You know what they say... the publicity of 25 happy customers wont equal that of 1 unhappy customer. It doesn't matter how many Dave lovers are in this thread... I think the majority will draw their own conclusion on this. And that conclusion is... the guy is an azzhat.

They tried to work with him until he was disrespectful to an employee? What kind of BS is that? They phoned him to inform the poor guy they had just screwed him over... his warranty will be voided, they refuse to do the dealer updates (which I believe they legally have to?) and on top of that, they try to BILL THE GUY 3 hours... for re torquing a nut! I think anyone has reason to be a bit upset in such a situation.

I'm more than willing to eat my words if Dave or someone decides to post their side of the story... but for now, I'm with ak.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Really i was so shocked i didnt know what to say or do when it all went down.

When i got to the store they said no charge heres your keys theres the door. He realized he had no leg to stand on but like i said previously i bet hes pissed that cat isnt paying for the retorque bills, my sled showed zero updates in the service history so he could have billed cat for tightening the jackshaft

I seriously would have had no problem paying him if he did updates and did any of my clutching... If he would have said pull the strap off,or pulled it off himself and try this setup i would have said np and paid the man for his non billable time to cat.

When i asked how much do i owe, he said oh cooper didnt endup touching your clutching. like thats what he was going to bill me for? not the jackshaft. So really the lady on the phone didnt have a clue to what the situation with my sled was and went off how i owe them for warranty work. So really thats where it broke down....

Dont worry 907 and any of you guys i wont judge you and ill surely still help anyone i see in need in the woods no matter what they think of me online....

All i can say is if this happened to you, you would be feeling just as violated.

-Aksnopro

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
I would be interested to know if your warranty is voided (or flagged in dispute).

The dealer you have your sled with now will be able to tell you that.

Manufactures are voiding warranties over stuff like this because most of the population does not have the time and money it takes to fight it in accordance with the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss Act.

C
Nov 26, 2009
vt
with all the issues ak has had with belts and panel fitment,not one of you can honestly say you would not be pissed at cat and if a dealer did anything like this one did,you would be perfectly fine with it.i would respond the same way ak did and hope that cat realizes that there is deeper issues here and agree that reeds and a can does not void warranty.time to put on the boxing gloves ak!!

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Really i was so shocked i didnt know what to say or do when it all went down.

When i got to the store they said no charge heres your keys theres the door. He realized he had no leg to stand on but like i said previously i bet hes pissed that cat isnt paying for the retorque bills, my sled showed zero updates in the service history so he could have billed cat for tightening the jackshaft

I seriously would have had no problem paying him if he did updates and did any of my clutching... If he would have said pull the strap off,or pulled it off himself and try this setup i would have said np and paid the man for his non billable time to cat.

When i asked how much do i owe, he said oh cooper didnt endup touching your clutching. like thats what he was going to bill me for? not the jackshaft. So really the lady on the phone didnt have a clue to what the situation with my sled was and went off how i owe them for warranty work. So really thats where it broke down....

Dont worry 907 and any of you guys i wont judge you and ill surely still help anyone i see in need in the woods no matter what they think of me online....

All i can say is if this happened to you, you would be feeling just as violated.

-Aksnopro

Funny how people talk trash and you wind up helping them and then they figure out who you are, good times. lol

So when it broke down where you an asz or what. either don't say and I get the point, or do and be honest.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
That really sucks man.....regardless of what the "by the book" response is.....blackballing someone's warranty because of reeds and a can is pretty homo. Sounds like a good opportunity to make a customer (ak) really happy gone to hell. Which is dumb, as it sounds he was a potential convert from another AC dealership. Sucks that manufacturers are still ok with selling you a $14K sled that has obvious flaws from the factory then claim innocence and you get to sort it out yourself. I'd be pissed too.

Premium Features