• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Congress-pay raise.

R
Apr 13, 2002
Washington
The last Auto Bailout bill was shot down by the Dems because they put a rider in giving Federal Judges a pay raise.
Great timing. Economy in the toilet, Govt. broke. Let's give everyone a pay raise.:mad:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Is it "radical" to ponder the possibility of repeating history? (Revolting against our own government that is)

Ideally I wouldn't wish for that, but I think the belief that we would be willing to do so may help some of these clowns see the light.

Last edited:
S

sldgy

Is it "radical" to ponder the possibility of repeating history? (Revolting against our own government that is)

Ideally I wouldn't wish for that, but I think the belief that we would be willing to do so may help some of these clowns see the light.

Wasn't the last time we did that the boston Pot Party of 1773?

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Wasn't the last time we did that the boston Pot Party of 1773?

Tea Party. :p Yes, 1773. :beer; The "rebels" dressed up like a tribe of Mohawk Indians believe it or not.

Here we are a little over 200 years later under worse oppression.

Last edited:
S

sldgy

Tea Party. :p Yes, 1773. :beer; The "rebels" dressed up like a tribe of Mohawk Indians believe it or not.

Here we are a little over 200 years later under worse oppression.

Maybe this time we should dress up like hippies. Wait a minute, I already do that!:rolleyes:

rockdog2112

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2008
Cheyenne,Wy USA
It seems that all Americans hear these days is how they have to "Tighten thier belts", because times are tough. Yeah, who made the times tough. I'm not so foolish as to believe that it's all our government's fault but they don't seem to be boosting our confidence much. We have to bail out everybody including CEO's making millions. Apparently, it's even acceptable to fly to Washinfton in private biz jets to ask for more taxpayer money(I have never ridden in a biz jet and I'll bet if I ever do, I'll have to pay for it). It's no wonder that I am not surprized when the same people that are telling us this stuff give themselves another raise. These are the people we elect and trust to govern our country and to do what is right by us. More and more they show us that being in a high political position it simply a means of advancing themselves rather than representing the folks that elected them. It's amazing that anyone has any trust left in them at all. It is shameful that they would even accept it when so many hard working, honest people are struggling. Excuse my rant, but it's just insane how brash these people are. My 2 cents.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Rat-bastages !!! We need term limits, the founding fathers never intended for congressmen to have permanent jobs.

If I recall correctly, we passed term limits in colorado only to have the courts toss it out.

Everyone talks about how bad a job congress and the senate are doing, yet everytime they have a chance to toss out the bums they re-elect their own and complain about everyone elses elected officials.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Everett, Wa.
That is the very reason the second amendment was ratified. Swampy:eek::D

Premium Features