• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Photos and google map of Mill Hollow ride on 11-18-10

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
Sorry just a little venting about this main thread. Here's a novel idea.... How about using this thread like it was designed and named for "Riding Areas & Trail/Snow Reports". I think this forum needs a separate thread for each state just for yacking about anything under the sun. We could call it "What ever you all want to yack about" This thread used to be great for finding out what the conditions are like. Now you have to read through so much BS to find information on "Riding Areas & Trail/Snow Reports". Like I said... Sorry just a little venting.

Anyway here's an update for the thread "Riding Areas & Trail/Snow Reports" from the Mill Hollow / Tower area today for anyone that's curious. The photos pretty much say it all. It's still a bit thin in areas and I'm not saying you don't still need to be careful to not hit something, but all in all it should be really sweet if we get hammered this weekend into next week like they are forecasting. Right now I'd say above 9,000' there is anywhere from a foot and half, to 3 feet of well settled snowpack. Great base. The shovel in the photo below is about 36 inches tall.

Here's a link to google earth and the track I took. You should be able to click on the photo icons to see what and where the photo was taken. Or if you just want to see the photos here they are for ya.
http://maps.google.com/?t=k&q=http://s3.amazonaws.com/accuterra/1290115814.kmz

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

Last edited:
D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
I'm not trying to get into a pissing match here I'm just saying years ago this thread was pretty focused on snow conditions and reports. Now there's way more yacking back and forth about nothing to do with snow conditions and reports. Maybe we should have a separate thread for local Utah folks socializing back and forth which is about 80% of what's on this thread now.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Just messing...but seriously there hasn't been any sledding going on until the last week.

So people stay connected discussing other topics until its time again for the what we are really here for.

Thanks for the report...have a great winter!

And I better not catch you chit chatting with someone on here...strictly business.:tape2:

;)

:beer;

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
Just messing...but seriously there hasn't been any sledding going on until the last week.

So people stay connected discussing other topics until its time again for the what we are really here for.

Thanks for the report...have a great winter!

And I better not catch you chit chatting with someone on here...strictly business.:tape2:

;)

:beer;

I hear ya. Like I said there really should be some sort of thread for locals to stay connected. It just seems the riding report thread has been seriously hijacked. Let it snow :face-icon-small-win

H
Dec 12, 2009
Wow that was quite the rant, I see your from Park City so I'm going to assume your Subaru broke down while you were on the way to Starbucks for a non-fat chai tea. Don't get the designer ski bibs in a twist, it's just a web forum.

But with that said, I do agree with you. I would be nice to have child forums that are trail/condition specific, while at the same time keeping an open forum for fellow Utahns to meet and socialize.

The pic and map idea would be a really useful tool during the season, good job.

(Don't take me too seriously...I don't)

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
Wow that was quite the rant, I see your from Park City so I'm going to assume your Subaru broke down while you were on the way to Starbucks for a non-fat chai tea. Don't get the designer ski bibs in a twist, it's just a web forum.

But with that said, I do agree with you. I would be nice to have child forums that are trail/condition specific, while at the same time keeping an open forum for fellow Utahns to meet and socialize.

The pic and map idea would be a really useful tool during the season, good job.

(Don't take me too seriously...I don't)

ha ha. No, no Subaru here, I've been wearing Klim gear since the beginning, and I don't drink tea, I prefer natties :beer;

You do know the reason snowest made sub categories for the riding conditions thread right... So folks from different areas of the west could focus on their area etc. I know change is hard, but a social section for different areas of the west added to the forum might not be a bad idea either. Just like all the other categories and sub categories that have been put in place over the years to help keep threads focused and more useful. Back in the early days of the forum there were only a few categories, now there are... well a lot. Anyway, like I said, just looking to vent a little and not get into a pissing match. Everyone has opinions, and mine is that there should be a new social category. Speak up with what the argument would be against a new social category for each state???

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
ha ha. No, no Subaru here, I've been wearing Klim gear since the beginning, and I don't drink tea, I prefer natties :beer;

You do know the reason snowest made sub categories for the riding conditions thread right... So folks from different areas of the west could focus on their area etc. I know change is hard, but a social section for different areas of the west added to the forum might not be a bad idea either. Just like all the other categories and sub categories that have been put in place over the years to help keep threads focused and more useful. Back in the early days of the forum there were only a few categories, now there are... well a lot. Anyway, like I said, just looking to vent a little and not get into a pissing match. Everyone has opinions, and mine is that there should be a new social category. Speak up with what the argument would be against a new social category for each state???

My opinion is that it is just fine the way it is. The title of a thread says a lot about the content. Don't click if you don't want to "waste" your time on that subject. Many threads discussing riding areas and conditions often get a little sidetracked. This happens because there are a lot of people who are friends here and get along well together. If a separate forum section was made these threads would still end up the same. Good friends razzing each other a bit. It's going to happen. Maybe you could start "hanging out" more and you wouldn't find it so offensive.

Oh whoops.:focus:

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
Well I'm glad a few people actually found my original post helpful, which was the main intent. I do feel that alot of the viewers of this forum probably feel as I do, but just aren't speaking up. Maybe someone from snowest that reads these ideas can consider adding a new category for general chatting or come up with a new category for just riding conditions. No worries, like it really matters that much anyway, we are all in the same sledding family and I didn't mean to piss anyone off, sorry if I did. I'm dropping it, no more replies from me on this one. It's all good, and no hard feelings from this end... Cheers :tea:

M

madsigntist

Dec 19, 2007
Lehi, UT
www.summitsigns.biz
My opinion is that it is just fine the way it is. The title of a thread says a lot about the content. Don't click if you don't want to "waste" your time on that subject. Many threads discussing riding areas and conditions often get a little sidetracked. This happens because there are a lot of people who are friends here and get along well together. If a separate forum section was made these threads would still end up the same. Good friends razzing each other a bit. It's going to happen. Maybe you could start "hanging out" more and you wouldn't find it so offensive.

Oh whoops.:focus:

Nicely put my friend.

Dude,
You make some good points, but relax a little and enjoy some like-minded people's senses of humor. You might even make a few friends around here.

BTW, nice pics. I especially like #3-7. Thats a fav of ours.
If you come across that slope after a dump and its been destroyed, you'll know who was there.:face-icon-small-win

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
Hi Dude- my name is Jed. I am from Ogden and I have a problem. It's called sledding, and around here we all have that problem. We love riding together and apart and love sharing our adventures together. It is what makes the Utah section so fun. So pull up a chair to the "new" Utah forum and make a few friends. You'll be glad ya did, promise! Lots of us ride that area and Heber city. Come join anytime. Great pics and great adventure, thanks for sharing.

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
Nicely put my friend.

Dude,
You make some good points, but relax a little and enjoy some like-minded people's senses of humor. You might even make a few friends around here.

BTW, nice pics. I especially like #3-7. Thats a fav of ours.
If you come across that slope after a dump and its been destroyed, you'll know who was there.:face-icon-small-win

Thanks. I'm relaxed. I know peeps are generally just kidding around on here. More then likely we'll bump into each other out there and there's no need to get truly heated at each other on this forum.

Glad you liked the pics and I hope the map with where the photos were taken will help with painting a picture of what the conditions are like. I found todays ride real helpful with planing out my next ride when we get 2 to 3 feet on top of what I saw today. Some places will still be asking for trouble and other will be balls to the wall. I hope some of the pics and locations will help those of you who know were I rode and can put 2 and 2 together to help save some damage. Anyway lets hope we get a good dump over the next week...

Last edited:
D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
Hi Dude- my name is Jed. I am from Ogden and I have a problem. It's called sledding, and around here we all have that problem. We love riding together and apart and love sharing our adventures together. It is what makes the Utah section so fun. So pull up a chair to the "new" Utah forum and make a few friends. You'll be glad ya did, promise! Lots of us ride that area and Heber city. Come join anytime. Great pics and great adventure, thanks for sharing.

Hey Jed. I love your problem, and relate to it as I have the same problem. It's all good. I know the folks that work this forum section a lot more then I do find it perfect and a great way to stay in touch, and that's cool. Just was thinking of ways to maybe make it better. But you know, it's good enough I guess. Way bigger issues to worry about then these issues right... like worrying about how deep the snows gonna be come Wed. I hope we'll have a lot to be thankful for on Turkey day!!

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
This site stays alive and keeps moving due to people just shootin the chit.

My wife and I may be the guiltiest of posting too many ride reports and pics but it does entertain us and we like all the smack talk too. Made a ton of friends from this forum and truly grateful of everyone of them. Whether it be Summer or Winter fun it's all good for us.

Cheers to all:beer;:thumb:

Now lets ride...................

Last edited:

1MEX

Apr 19, 2008
915 to the 801
www.wr-products.com
Hey Jed. I love your problem, and relate to it as I have the same problem. It's all good. I know the folks that work this forum section a lot more then I do find it perfect and a great way to stay in touch, and that's cool. Just was thinking of ways to maybe make it better. But you know, it's good enough I guess. Way bigger issues to worry about then these issues right... like worrying about how deep the snows gonna be come Wed. I hope we'll have a lot to be thankful for on Turkey day!!

Now you see how easy you can be pulled out of topic in the Utah section :laugh:... Welcome!!! :face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features