• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Truck tires

SEAKM8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
AK
What tire stands up well against logging roads with sharp rocks snow and ice. What are you running. Tire size LT 285 75 R 16 if that matters. Tanks.

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
Toyo mud terrains are awesome tires. I had 37's on my superduty and loved them. I would have bought them for my new truck if they weren't so damn expensive. I just ordered a set of Cooper STT's which are IMO very nice tires also. If you can swing the money, get Toyos.

SEAKM8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
AK
I have copper discovery's and they are terrible I think I will go with the toyo's. Thanks for the input.

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
for the sharp rocks of the mtn everyday at the mines we ran goodyear workhorse severe service, same as regular worhorse tires but with a harder compound to resist being chewed up by the rocks,

I
Nov 26, 2007
Prince George BC
I have a company truck that spends most of its life on logging roads. They come stock with BFG rugged trail and all I can say is holy fawk JUNK - if it was my money we would be fighting - I couldnt wait to get them off. Last year I was convinced to put BFG All Terrains on after my Toyos were done and I will say one good thing about them - they sure looked purty.... beyond that ummm, well... JUNK
Im sure I'll get flamed but BFG's are yuppie tires for the showboaters - they have no place in the bush (unless you want to replace them twice a year and dont care about traction)
Having said that, when its warm and dry in the summer those "rugged trails" sure were nice and quiet on the highway :confused:

R

rollthecoal

Feb 16, 2008
Toyo M55 are the best bush tire by far. I have also had good luck with Dick Cepek FC II

D
Dec 28, 2007
bush company AK
I am switching over to 19.5 rims so I can run 14 ply tires.
they last 3x as long.

There are som pretty ruged recaps out there in your size that are cheaper and last longer as well.

good luck

DOC

Premium Features