• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rapid bike

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
It seems to me like there is a large crowd who have been with the boost crowd since yamaha came out with the rx1 and have gone throught all the growing pains of tuning turbos on the hill, its might not be terrible hard, but it gets OLD to constantly dicker with things. The amount of time and money factories get to have a sled that runs mostly good in most conditions is a LOT more then aftermarket companies do before selling a kit, hence all the tuning you get to do as a consumer. I also feel like while some kits may allow you to dial things in just so (rb3) it kinda reminds me of ski-doo tra clutches, more tunable, but also 10x easier to make suck and keep consistant. There is a LARGE market of people who would like to get something that works, and is simple, who cares about a few hp on an engine dyno... I personally dont spend a terrible amount of time riding on a dyno, ride it all day in the hill and if it does good, it WILL sell, hence why neils seems to be working.

Dont get me wrong I think standalone is going to be a HUGE jump forward, I just see Niels kit as a GREAT alternative to people who want to ride and get things running solid with very little effort, and the power difference or whatever else might be gained by a more advanced kit is a wash as the conditions are so variable as well. Some of us like to tune and tinker and have fun building, but at some point its nice to be able to dial and ride..

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
So Vipec is what you are trying then. I wish you luck trying to run closed loop injection for the race gas guys. So if your setup goes out on the hill and runs poorly...the owner is basically out of luck until they can get it to a dealer. hmmmm, kinda sounds familiar.
I'm still not sure why your comparing what I have too dobeck, rapidbike, etc., because it is nothing like them.
Considering it's July and I have sold almost 20 fuel kits, I don't think it's too bad. I have a lineup of guys already committed for this fall. I realize this makes sense because sledding is not really on too many minds right now. Once I get it working on a 1200 Doo turbo, I'm sure that will open up my market quite a bit.

Vipec is the template we started with(checking if actual software would be driving a 2 strokes electric infrastructure) we will have our own board(vipec based).Full standalone doesn't mean 100% close loop.....at some point it become open loop(for more engine safety).Finaly if someone's sled run poorly one day, the chances it is a mapping problem (or electronic failure)are super low(if final mapping was done properly) you may have to check else where :) but not at the coumputer!. Vipec is use in many harsh environement(salt water,powerbats on sea,jetski,wrc,baja ect.) and been proven for a long time to be extremely resistant to vibration ans perfectly sealed.As for your sales, i'm happy to see it is going good for you, keep up.... and i'm sure the doo will be a good market as well.

P

PASSSED YOU

Jan 29, 2010
Layton UT
Never said Dave wasn't the nicest, nor did I say that his kit wasn't the best. I said that the RB3 was a pain in the butt and I meant it. You will find this out on your own, everyone else has.
I have had alot of PM's asking about my fuel system, and I will give you one guess what most of those guys are running right now, and who's kit they have.
Oh BTW, I wonder how John Forces car would run if he pulled out of the pits and it suddenly dropped 15 degrees and there was 2 ft of snow on the track, I bet he would have to change his setup.:face-icon-small-sho

You asked the question and got an answer, you just didn't like it.
i never said i didnt like it i just didnt like my post becoming a post about something i have no concerns about at this time i got what i got and i will learn it to the best of my abilities and if it doesnt work or im not satisfied i will take other avenues to fix my problems maybe you just cant handle dificult things or you just want everything in life easy well thats not going to happen and if john force pulled up to the line and it dropped 15 degrees and two feet of snow i dont think he would even smack the throttle i have never in my life seen it dropp 15 degrees and drop two feet of snow within 1 or 2 mins maybe in an hour and if thats the case you need to be headed back to your rig or you cant see your hand in front of your face you will never have a perfect setting to tune anything it doesnt matter where you are or what you are riding or flying

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
i never said i didnt like it i just didnt like my post becoming a post about something i have no concerns about at this time i got what i got and i will learn it to the best of my abilities and if it doesnt work or im not satisfied i will take other avenues to fix my problems maybe you just cant handle dificult things or you just want everything in life easy well thats not going to happen and if john force pulled up to the line and it dropped 15 degrees and two feet of snow i dont think he would even smack the throttle i have never in my life seen it dropp 15 degrees and drop two feet of snow within 1 or 2 mins maybe in an hour and if thats the case you need to be headed back to your rig or you cant see your hand in front of your face you will never have a perfect setting to tune anything it doesnt matter where you are or what you are riding or flying
I guess you see the point about having to change the tune(map). If you rode the same conditions all of the time, then rapid bike may work ok. BTW, we ride when its snowing, we just head for the trees, valleys, small lakes, etc. You have gotten some decent advice on this post from guys who have, or have had rb3, and Dave also chimed in to give you the instruction manual, so really you got your answer. I hope everything works to your satisfaction, because there is nothing worse than spending the money and then not being able to enjoy your sled bcause of something like a fuel box that can not compensate for all conditions. I have been their.

P

powderlites

Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous, BC Canada
www.powderlites.com
Rapid Bike

It was the fastest sled at Big Iron this year also running 17 lbs boost, so I think it's doing alright.
Your going to have to explain why a slight rich spot at 4600 rpm has anything to do with driveability on the trail. Every mountain Apex I have ever ridden engages between 45-4700 and cruises over 5000 rpm. So you discovered this on the dyno?

NM Why you always out to bash Rapid bike?
How much do you really know about EFI?
Does the system your using fire injectors like stock ECU?
Your right about it being simple and I have seen it used years ago by some buddies on cars.
Fastest sled at Bigiron?? Not from what I had seen but then I don't ride either I guess.
The Micku's were smoking everything with the Doo's !!
Come on NM how many beers does it take to get you stop bashing me or products we are using?
Anyone want a NM killer turbo kit built for them? a little poke
Summer brings out the best in sledders!!

P

PASSSED YOU

Jan 29, 2010
Layton UT
I guess you see the point about having to change the tune(map). If you rode the same conditions all of the time, then rapid bike may work ok. BTW, we ride when its snowing, we just head for the trees, valleys, small lakes, etc. You have gotten some decent advice on this post from guys who have, or have had rb3, and Dave also chimed in to give you the instruction manual, so really you got your answer. I hope everything works to your satisfaction, because there is nothing worse than spending the money and then not being able to enjoy your sled bcause of something like a fuel box that can not compensate for all conditions. I have been their.
yes there has been some good responses from everyone and Dave has sent me all the stuff i will need to understand his turbo set up i bought pl kit used removed it from a wrecked sled the owner seemed unhappy with it but in tearing it down we noticed several boost leaks poor install he wasn't very helpful in anything once he had the cash Pure Pressure did the install for me never did anything to the RB3 just installed kit from one to the other got a new efu wide band and shockwave headshime and rivets in clutch rode it four times so right know i think its real close will get clutching setup and should be close i want to get famlier with the RB3 so when it is time to ride here in Utah between 5000 and 10000 ft with 12lbs boost on pump gas that sled should be as fast as i want it to be when before i would look at a hill and determine where to turn out now i wont it was a slug before now it floats like a butterfly and will sting like a hole hive I would like to thank Dave for all his help on all my needs i wish there were more people like him out there its great to have him in my corner iwas riding 92 phazer now a ANNEY TNYTRO 08 what a stepup arms streched 2 inches in four rides
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
NM Why you always out to bash Rapid bike?
How much do you really know about EFI?
Does the system your using fire injectors like stock ECU?
Your right about it being simple and I have seen it used years ago by some buddies on cars.
Fastest sled at Bigiron?? Not from what I had seen but then I don't ride either I guess.
The Micku's were smoking everything with the Doo's !!
Come on NM how many beers does it take to get you stop bashing me or products we are using?
Anyone want a NM killer turbo kit built for them? a little poke
Summer brings out the best in sledders!!
If you think I have been bashing...you don't want to hear some of your customers that have been calling me!
Give me your efi quiz and test my knowledge about efi. I will be more than happy to answer the questions.
My injectors are batch fired.
I raced at least 20 times and only was beat once by MacDougall when I spun in a trench. There is plenty of video to back it up if you really wanted the truth.
What do beers have to do with anything???
I hope you do build something fast. I've never turned down a drag race.

Hey who mapped Micku's sleds?
I have now answered your questions, now why won't you answer mine?:face-icon-small-win

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
Wow :face-icon-small-sho
I have a Rapid Bike. Duke ended up writting the program to get it to run like it does:face-icon-small-ton.
Whats a standalone? You "standalone" while your buddies are riding:face-icon-small-win
NM....you got my number:face-icon-small-hap
Happy boosting
Fuji

who did you get the RB3 from , why didnt they map it for you !!!!
And i think you know what a standalone system is , and yes my buddies got alot of riding in when it was being tested .

S

SylvanLaker

Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB. Canada
Hmmm.. been lurking a while. Their are a few points I'd like to make. Dave at powderlites makes a decent kit and it important to business that comments don't go to far as a shop can suffer from bad publicity. (not saying it really has) I installed a PL kit on our shop sled and I really like it. Has lots of good things that other kits don't.

I've got a shop and do lots of engines and have a fairly in depth knowledge of motors. Our Tnytro is built up a bit and is using RB3. It works good once boosted but at part throttle it burbles. Don't tell me to tune it. because we do this for a living and know how. This RB3 is a nice system but does not work on my setup. I've tried everything. We have 10 years of tuning race bikes and such so this is nothing new. Even the gents distributing RB3 don't have advise on how to out tune this burble. I beleive the RB3 needs to have teh boost as a secondary input and be tied into the TPS sensor. Because at 5lbs of boost and @5000 RPM you can have the same fuel for a closed throttle and an open throttle.

Bottom line is our sled and our customer sleds have this burble (on Nytros) and it is almost impossible to get rid of.

I will be demoing one of the SDS systems after Neil comes by and we chat. I don't care if it isn't fancy rather I like it that it is. I just want to see it run smooth and be responsive from vacumn to high boost.

we all tune our sled all the time so some comments about it should be maintenence free are silly. maybe some day but not yet..

I might also add that sportbike manufacturers also had a hard time tuning for fuel demands in high reving 600cc and 1000cc mills in recent years. Sport bikes now almost all use secondary injectors to accomodate this fuel demand.. they are not even boosted. of course it is one computer but no reason that some day we can't have a system that ties it all together.. Sportbikes in my eyes are miles ahead of sleds and they use secondary injectors so I beleive this is a step in the right direction..

DS

P

powderlites

Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous, BC Canada
www.powderlites.com
Rapid Bike 3

Well we are always learning everyday and after being in Italy late last spring we started testing on SkiDoo 1200 to how new idea's would work using RB3.
1200 run from top to bottom everywhere very good and I let Dave Micku take a spin and he says yes more response and clean.
We will be up loading our website once we have time to get Mitch helping me on the dyno with a Nytro stage 2.
All new load colums % numbers which we can change for turbo setup as powercomander and RB run close to the same setup. Rapid Bike we can change load % and all RPM steps which is what i did on my 1200.
Voltage settings will also be setup different and we will upgrade anyone to new software that goes up to 150% adding fuel called Rapid Master.
We are always very helpful and yes please understand that in winter time we can't keep up to building and installing turbo kits. We also moved in November to new shop that we were building which set us back.
We are working on dyno system so we can build way better maps and test proper HP and simulate driving the sled.
Once we learned more about EFI system in Italy we then started testing only on SkiDoo 1200 as it was pretty good for throttle response and very smooth.
Sylvan Laker I would love to set up a time to show you what we can do about drivabilty problem you have.
I know we can fix it and make you happy with it.
Stock system adjusts for temp, barometric pressure etc.
Any time you install a box or system like NM things will change in heavy deep powder to spring hot day.
With new mapping done by Tuning Bike setup properly on dyno first then the hill we should have very good system and not have to adjust any more.
We could install a adjustment knob like NM has for guys but after testing the Doo we are sure once we get at Nytro it should work well.
I am not perfect but I do try to make your ride run it's best.
Here is a sample VIDEO of what we are doing right now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9wOOG9P3ww

www.powderlites.com

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
And as soon as I can climb over that damn Alberta Hill, I will really let her rip. :drum::drum:. :face-icon-small-win

Haha you better start spooling that ol rear mount now and maybe you will overcome your supper goal!:face-icon-small-win

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
I ride my underpowered, Turn Key, 10 minute delay till boost, MCX 300 kit and have fun everytime. hahahhahahahahahahahah:face-icon-small-win

Yeah, and I miss my old MCX Rear mount RX1. Ran great any day of the week. Everyone thought fuel injection was gonna be so easy.

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
I will be riding my old carb'd one tons until they won't go anymore. I don't mess with anything, unless I blow the innercooler off. It runs good every day. And I can turn the boost up as high as I want and have plenty of fuel for it!

Premium Features