• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timbersled Set-Up

T
Nov 26, 2007
Canadian Prairies
Need some help getting a baseline for my recently installed (just finished) Timbersled skid. It's a 153" with Challenger track......08 Nytro 180 HP MCX. To me the approach angle looks crazy steep, I can tighten the limiters but I am using TS's recommended set-up guidelines......but I want real world results. Any thoughts..........

TS Guidelines:
NA sled, up to 160 hp - no shims on slide, limiter 3rd hole
Boosted, up to 230 hp - 1/2" shim top, 1/4" shim bottom, limiter 7th hole

Mine Currently: 1/4" shim top, 1/4" shim bottom, limiter 4th hole

_Media Card_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00664.jpg IMG00663.jpg

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
Looks like your using the stock drop brackets. I thought you had to use the timbersled brackets because you had to change the mounting locations. I don't know if that will solve your problem but should help!

L
Jan 2, 2008
Cranbrook BC
im running the limiter strap at about medium. and full shims at the back bottom. so 3/4 i guess. been a while. and then 1/4 shim on the top to allow the sled to lift. got the rear shock in the front mounting hole and 150psi in it. then 50psi up front. you will get out and ride and know right away where you want it set up. i would look into the mounting bracket tho

T
Nov 26, 2007
Canadian Prairies
im running the limiter strap at about medium. and full shims at the back bottom. so 3/4 i guess. been a while. and then 1/4 shim on the top to allow the sled to lift. got the rear shock in the front mounting hole and 150psi in it. then 50psi up front. you will get out and ride and know right away where you want it set up. i would look into the mounting bracket tho

Brackets are fine, spoke to Allen no issues. I will try their set up and see how it does. Thanks!

T

Tarzannr1

Aug 16, 2010
North in Norway
www.youtube.com

Hey, do you have a picture of this setup?
I dont understand what you ment about 1/4 shim on the top?
I have it like this but i cant hold the sled down it raise up and almost tip over!!
IMAG0056.jpg

UnderstellYamahaNytroXTX2009005.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

130 psi back suspension and 100 psi in the front.

But it lift skiis like crasy!!

C

canucklehead

Aug 30, 2002
Southern AB
You need to tighten the limiters. Guys that have been running these for years have the stock limiters in the tightest hole. Also 150 psi in the rear shock. Those rails aren't helping either.

T

Tarzannr1

Aug 16, 2010
North in Norway
www.youtube.com
You need to tighten the limiters. Guys that have been running these for years have the stock limiters in the tightest hole. Also 150 psi in the rear shock. Those rails aren't helping either.

Yes i now the rails is not helping to hold the sled down hehe
I want to change to ice-Age 162 rails but then i must change track to
I will try to change the limiters to the tightes hole but do i get to much ski pressure then?

Last edited:
Premium Features