• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Primary Clutch dilema

jd440

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2009
SD
so... the primary decided to throw a roller bushing and then it cracked a few places. It was probably time to replace it anyway with 4000 miles on it. So I ordered online a clutch that said that it would fit my sled (98 zl 500). It said that it uses the new "big" pins. Called my dealer and they said that they didnt know about that. It is a legit arctic cat OEM replacement from a real Arctic cat dealer in another state. What i really need to know is where to get the weights for the bigger pin. Also, I need them for elevation of eastern SD. Any info is greatly appreciated.

The part number of the clutch is 0746-168.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
if your weights are bushed then their big pin eliminates the bushing,,??..so just remove the weights bushing..??

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
The part number you gave is for a clutch that uses weights that mount to the pin with a set screw. In order to do it right you should also get the right weights. You could just take the bushing out and use the ones you have but they would have too much side to side play. You should be able to get new weights with set screws, go with the same number of grams as your current ones.

Premium Features