• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro VS RX1 or APEX?

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
I don't remember how much their Apex 260 had, but by calculating backwards from where i am i guess around 12-13lbs, closer to 13lbs of boost for 270hp.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
It's all in the setup = hp to the ground!
When i had a regular rearmount MCX290 i beat an Nytro MCX270 in a dragrace, he jumped in the start, but halfway i passed him!

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
Between the to mentioned yes, when the hp is as close as Nytro MCX270 vs Apex MCX290 the key is to get the power to the ground, track, skid setup, clutching, all matters.

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
so the way i kinda figured it out was per pound of boost you have 20.7 hp? so i think by what ive been reading i ll just dial it in at 14 pounds ( 290 HP) and just try it out!

Thanks

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Thats kinda high on the hp, typically is 1lb of boost is 10hp. Not 20hp, its a rough number @ best. When people ask me how much hp my sled makes, I say more than stock. Cause I dont know & likely 95% of them dont know either. Never had it on a dyno, sure would like to. But there is none around. When you finally get to mash the throttle, you will have a grin from ear to ear. Hp/torque wont matter then. Yes the RX1 is an outdated to the nitro, but alot cheaper. Can even see the engine with the hood open. Engine seems to stand up better to alot more boost. Dont hear alot of guys blowing out headgaskets like the nitros do @ higer boost levels. Have fun with your new to you sled.

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
Thats kinda high on the hp, typically is 1lb of boost is 10hp. Not 20hp, its a rough number @ best. When people ask me how much hp my sled makes, I say more than stock. Cause I dont know & likely 95% of them dont know either. Never had it on a dyno, sure would like to. But there is none around. When you finally get to mash the throttle, you will have a grin from ear to ear. Hp/torque wont matter then. Yes the RX1 is an outdated to the nitro, but alot cheaper. Can even see the engine with the hood open. Engine seems to stand up better to alot more boost. Dont hear alot of guys blowing out headgaskets like the nitros do @ higer boost levels. Have fun with your new to you sled.

Hey Red!]

And you know thats what i just said! Im not going to worry about anything HP or all the other BS! Just going to ride it! AND JUST SMILE! :laugh: i think your suppose the take the stock HP, and add the boost to that, then divided! So 145 is stock, to get to 290 HP you need another 145 HP! so now 145 divided by 14 psi is 10.3 HP per pound!

But the only reason i can say that is cause i know how many PSI i want to run, but i guess its strait up, if the 10.3 never changed then its easy right??

No mater

Cant wait to ride it, dad was so happy when he sold his 4 stroke, was stock and he said he would never buy another LEAD SLED! But i bet after he rides this thing he'll buy one!!:pound:

I just picked the RX1 cause i know shes a stand up sled, and goes forever! and yep, they are a lot cheaper!
Any hoo, maybe ill see yah in Revy or Valemount this winter?

Cheers

Last edited:
Premium Features