• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker intercooler?

J
Jan 22, 2023
Quebec
Is anyone running a boondocker intercooler on their boost and if so what kind of performance are they seeing? My 23 boost is running hot have to stop and let it cool whey more then my buddies on turbo summits. Was gonna add the boondocker trail cooler but was thinking if the intercooler does the same plus maybe get some more performance I’ll try that ?

J
Jan 22, 2023
Quebec
Off trail it runs hot? What’s your coolant temp?
Off trail only when breaking trail when everyone is putting along making a path stop n go it gets to the red warning, my buddies with the summits can keep going at that slower pace. When on the trail in you have to keep a good pace even with decent snow on the trail.

rmk800ak

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2002
Fairbanks AK.
Is anyone running a boondocker intercooler on their boost and if so what kind of performance are they seeing? My 23 boost is running hot have to stop and let it cool whey more then my buddies on turbo summits. Was gonna add the boondocker trail cooler but was thinking if the intercooler does the same plus maybe get some more performance I’ll try that ?

Intercooler is for intake temps . Trail cooler is for engine cooling . Different things . They use the same exchanger on the bulkhead .

As for the intercooler if you get you sled tuned for the intercooler it well worth it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C
Dec 14, 2020
Off trail only when breaking trail when everyone is putting along making a path stop n go it gets to the red warning, my buddies with the summits can keep going at that slower pace. When on the trail in you have to keep a good pace even with decent snow on the trail.

Go faster! :ROFLMAO:

Put the 24 scratchers on helps a lot on the trails and hard pack. Mine runs 15* cooler at half the speed.

But it's not like the sled can cool if you're not moving and throwing the snow up on the heat exchanger. Don't let it sit and idle all day, don't follow along on your buddies packed trail, and get after it.

RNO

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2012
I have installed two of these now on Matryx Slash's and temps have gone form overheating to 95-115 degrees running in Sierra Cement.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
I have installed two of these now on Matryx Slash's and temps have gone form overheating to 95-115 degrees running in Sierra Cement.

Looks like a nice part as always from Mtn trek but an 8lb weight gain is hard to stomach

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Another vote for 24 scratchers. They help cooling so much. Riding sxs on same sleds one with ole style and one with new. You can watch Temps onnthe others 7s and clearly see anywhere from 10 to 40* difference depending on conditions.

Riding my 24 boost 3.25 it's had 0 overheat issues this year so far in all sorts of snow.

My 22 boost I definitely ad very conscious about keeping Temps in check on the trail.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
As stated the '24 scratchers make a huge difference. I wouldn't have believed it until a couple of days ago. I have a '22 Matryx 155" Slash. I bought the Doo knock-off scratchers, but have only gotten around to installing one of them, so running one factory '22 scratcher and one Doo knock-off. My buddy has a '23 Boost 155" Slash (same amount of cooling) with the '24 scratchers installed. We went riding 2 days ago on very marginal snow getting to the goods. His sled consistently ran 50-60 degrees cooler. I hit 183 and he never got over 120.

Premium Features