• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009/10 Snowy Range snow conditions

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
If you have been up in this area and have information if its good or bad be sure and post. The more posts will reflect more accurate information. Good news is it looks like it is starting out great!

*Please keep updates in these threads since they will be a sticky..and we wont have a bunch of scattered updates*

Snowy mountain lodge cam
http://www.snowymountainlodge.com/webcam/index.php

Last edited:
O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Does anyone know if they are selling wyoming permits yet??

I talked to one seller who stated they were having trouble getting them and they may not be available till the 1st of nov. or so.

Looking for confirmation one way or the other.

S

snowcross338

Feb 17, 2006
Laramie WY
Does anyone know if they are selling wyoming permits yet??

I talked to one seller who stated they were having trouble getting them and they may not be available till the 1st of nov. or so.

Looking for confirmation one way or the other.
Not sure Ollie, they usually dont start selling them til Nov 1st.

C
Oct 20, 2006
cheyenne wyoming
i got my azz yelled at last year for rideing down sand lake road doing some tuneing from rangerrick and that was in oct and gave me a warning for no permit i told them i could not find one any were and still had mine on the sled from last year so iam more than shure i will buy it he was a dick head

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
I know is colorado if you buy them online you can print out a temp. permit till your regular sticker arrives.
Wyoming has started allowing people to buy online, do they allow you to print out a temp till your regular one gets in also??
That would cure a lot of problems.

shortman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
newport nebraska
permits

Last year I bought mine online and got deal emailed to me Showing My purchase. Had the actual permits in 5 working days.

You have to have all info for sled ( year,make, model, and VIN) to register them online

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Don't forget to check and make sure which parking areas require permits to park at.
I know Albany does and according to the west laramie fly store you will need one to park at greenrock this year.
So double check so you don't get a ticket.

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
I know Albany does and according to the west laramie fly store you will need one to park at greenrock this year.
So double check so you don't get a ticket.

True, but they said that last year to. I wonder if they even know what they are talking about? One thing is if they have put up signs yet in Greenrock stating parking permits? this is a question for the locals to get on here and answer. If they have there is no doubt they will be required. Do they have signs in Albany?

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
Snocross you going to flip that thing on its top out on the ice early in the season again or what??!!

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
True, but they said that last year to. I wonder if they even know what they are talking about? One thing is if they have put up signs yet in Greenrock stating parking permits? this is a question for the locals to get on here and answer. If they have there is no doubt they will be required. Do they have signs in Albany?

There are signs at Albany.
It's 5 dollars a day or 30 dollars for a yearly permit. You can't buy the yearly permit at the parking lot, don't know if you can buy them at the albany lodge or not, but you can get the yearly pass at the fly store in laramie.

And they were enforcing it last year at the albany lot, wrote a lot of tickets.

skiwiz

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
laramie wy
wy.$25 res. snowmobile reg.

Not sure Ollie, they usually dont start selling them til Nov 1st.

I got one of the first ones last season and its dated 10-29-08,guess the snow is ahead of the game. Also the road[130] is not closed for the season yet,just closed after the last storm.If it stays like this it will be closed soon.:beer;:)

jokerman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Wy.
WYDOT has to keep HWY.130 open over to Saratoga till the 1st. week in November due to the hunters that they would strand:eek::eek:

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
I cant understand how they can charge use to park on Hwy 130 when there isn't even a parking area there. It is off the side of the road. Build us a parking area and I will pay.

I think we had this same discussion on last year. From what I recall no one got a ticket for parking on 130 at Greenrock last season for not having the permit. They can only charge for the parking lots that they maintain.

F

friendlystore

WYDOT has to keep HWY.130 open over to Saratoga till the 1st. week in November due to the hunters that they would strand:eek::eek:

All the signs are out along 130, and the gate is shut, so I'm pretty sure it's closed. I've never heard of them re-opening that road once the decision is made to put out the signs, but I'll be sure to ask the plow driver next time he stops in.

Premium Features