• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 Summit X 600 Etec - battery

A
Oct 19, 2008
Looking for suggestions for good, lightweight replacement battery. Took stock battery out and weighed it - conservatively 13 lbs. Looking for better performance, less weight. Anybody have anything good they've found works?

Thanks

A
Oct 19, 2008
Looked at Kinetik

Looked into Kinetik and the smallest power cell they show on the site is the same size (and weight) as the battery currently in the sled. 14 lbs. is still pretty big. Thanks for the assist though...any other suggestions? Anyone?

G
Nov 26, 2007
battery

I bought a bikemaster gel filled battery that has been the most reliable battery that I have owned, but I don't know if they are lighter. Just an option to look at.

A
Oct 19, 2008
Battery in the Etec...

So far the only thing I've found that the battery needs to be installed for the Etec to work is the reverse option. The sled runs great with or without the battery there. The battery was dead on a 200 mile ride and didn't affect the efficiency or the power. I've taken the battery out and run it around the mountains in Valdez, AK and it was climbing and powering through powder as expected. Again, the only thing we found that didn't work was the reverse. Best investment so far was the pull-start with the battery problems I've been having.

S

snow_freak

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 11, 2009
Wasilla
if your worried about wight just get the recoil kit and loose the e-start (besides its an e-tec, the eisiest engine to start) and that will drop about 17 pounds from my measurment.

and for the reverse there is a jumper wire to install that any dealer will have.

M

Millertime

Nov 27, 2007
central washington
Etec battery

We are running an Interstate battery #CYTX9-BS in our 09x 600 etec & our 09x 800r with no problems at all.. at least 6 lbs lighter (just have to modify cables)

A
Oct 19, 2008
Weight vs. Electric Start

Yes, concerned a bit about weight and already have the recoil installed (as can never guarantee that we'll be somewhere with electric - like at a remote cabin site in central bush of Alaska - for several days). It is an easy sled to start for most people, but the electric start was specific for my wife who has low strength in the left shoulder due to previous motorcycle accident - still working on building back strength, but she doesn't want to be left on the sidelines while we ride Trek Over The Top or ride great slopes of the Chugach range. Starting it once it's warm with the recoil isn't too much strain, but starting it cold is a bit more difficult. Thanks for the heads up on other batteries. Appreciate all the help.

Premium Features