• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

12 proclimb seconday rebuild

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
While changing the belt the helix jammed when I released the spring tension, then let loose or un-jammed (un-stuck) all of a sudden.

While riding would not shift back or stay partially open from time to time. My question is you can replace the bearing in the helix, I am wondering if that will take care of issue or should I just get the sheave bearing replaced as well. Thanks,

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
I don't believe they have a part number for replacing the bushing on the secondary sheave. Racin Station would probably be able to point you in the right direction there. I would imagine if the bushing is damaged, a new sheave would be required.

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Did you pull the clutch off and make sure one of the torx bolts didn't break? Could be the reason for the belt breaking and the binding while shifting.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
The torx screws are all in, I had this happen to me back in the day on a 93 ext, back then you could replace all the bearings in the sheaves with parts. Cat does not list the sheave bearing/bushing. You can replace the helix bearing, I believe this would solve the issue but I am wondering to get both rebuilt instead of just buying the 50.00 bearing for the helix.

Premium Features