• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Set up for 03 pro-x 800

Sep 12, 2012
I am looking to get a little more out of the 800, currently I am just running a MBRP can. I found some cheap CPI twin pipes, would they be worth it? Any advice on set up would be greatly appreciated. :yo:

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
The general consensus on the BB800 motor is SLP makes great bolt on parts. CPI may be good too, I'm not sure. I do know twins on my RMK ripped. I'm pretty sure that the Pro-x and RMK sleds require different pipes due to the shock tower on the Pro-x but don't quote me on that. The dyno chart from SLP shows a large peak power increase with the twins, I'd imagine CPI pipes are similar. Just looked here: http://cpiracing.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=62_79&product_id=108 and see they advertise a 23hp increase. You'll notice that for sure.

Another common mod is a SLP cheater head. These are less detonation prone if you get the correct head for your altitude, I definitely noticed a difference. Twin pipes on these motors take the sled to the edge of pump gas compatibility, and most will recommend running a 10% race gas mix to prevent engine destroying deto. Lots of people really like the SLP single pipes. I've never ridden a sled with one so I can't say much more than that.

Having dialed clutching is probably the best bang for your buck though. If that's not very good than more power should be second on priority.

What kind of riding do you do?

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2012
The general consensus on the BB800 motor is SLP makes great bolt on parts. CPI may be good too, I'm not sure. I do know twins on my RMK ripped. I'm pretty sure that the Pro-x and RMK sleds require different pipes due to the shock tower on the Pro-x but don't quote me on that. The dyno chart from SLP shows a large peak power increase with the twins, I'd imagine CPI pipes are similar. Just looked here: http://cpiracing.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=62_79&product_id=108 and see they advertise a 23hp increase. You'll notice that for sure.

Another common mod is a SLP cheater head. These are less detonation prone if you get the correct head for your altitude, I definitely noticed a difference. Twin pipes on these motors take the sled to the edge of pump gas compatibility, and most will recommend running a 10% race gas mix to prevent engine destroying deto. Lots of people really like the SLP single pipes. I've never ridden a sled with one so I can't say much more than that.

Having dialed clutching is probably the best bang for your buck though. If that's not very good than more power should be second on priority.

What kind of riding do you do?

I do alot of hard ditch riding. So alot on the low end, so I like alot of low end torque. Do you think a clutch kit would be a good idea?

Premium Features