• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Polaris Pro 800 clutching

J
Dec 4, 2022
Great Falls, MT
I picked up a 2013 Polaris Pro 800 155" completely stock with e-start and 895 miles on it for my wife. It seems to run pretty clean, but is very doggy! The first I am going to do is take the stock muffler can off and put aftermarket mountain can on it. My question is, will changing out the primary weights, possibly spring too fix the problem along with a can?

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
The weights should be fine; but I would change the spring.
Check the belt deflection also; if there too much deflection, its like try to start a standard truck in 2nd gear..
You’d be surprised how many people that miss it and their sleds run like crap..

J
Dec 4, 2022
Great Falls, MT
The weights should be fine; but I would change the spring.
Check the belt deflection also; if there too much deflection, its like try to start a standard truck in 2nd gear..
You’d be surprised how many people that miss it and their sleds run like crap..
Any ideas on color of spring? Are you talking deflection on the primary or secondary? I would completely agree though, it's like starting out in second gear. After you get rolling it comes on pretty hard.

D

Dennissledpool

Jul 19, 2022
Wisconsin
Clean exhaust valves
Change fuel filter
Dump old gas
Refill w 91 fresh
New belt
New plugs
Clean clutches
Cover the basics first
Give er a good rip thru the rpm range

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
The deflection of the belt in the clutch’s. You can adjust your secondary so the belt is tighter in the clutch’s (less defection). This keeps the clutches in a lower gear longer and gives you more bottom end power..
If the top of the belt is not sitting above the secondary sheaves when it is parked; you probably have too much deflection (1/16” to 1/8” above it common). You should set your belt tighten enough that the sled does not creep forward when its idling. But try to get it as close to that point as you can without it creeping…
Most guys run the SLP blue and pink primary spring..

J
Dec 4, 2022
Great Falls, MT
The deflection of the belt in the clutch’s. You can adjust your secondary so the belt is tighter in the clutch’s (less defection). This keeps the clutches in a lower gear longer and gives you more bottom end power..
If the top of the belt is not sitting above the secondary sheaves when it is parked; you probably have too much deflection (1/16” to 1/8” above it common). You should set your belt tighten enough that the sled does not creep forward when its idling. But try to get it as close to that point as you can without it creeping…
Most guys run the SLP blue and pink primary spring..
Thanks a bunch! Appreciate it!

Premium Features