• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Will Polaris Hyfax fit the Cat rails? (Twin Rail set up)

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
Does anyone know if the Polaris twin rail hyfax will fit the cat ascender rails? Have a set of ice age rails on an 09 M8, with the Poo hyfax, which wear like iron. my 2018 141 eats hyfax to the tune of about a set a year. I ride in good snow but, sometimes the trail is set up and I am wearing the cat hyfax quickly. was thinking if the Poo fax work, it will be cheaper than the Vespel sliders from cat. help is appreciated. Ski

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I don't believe so. The Polaris rail cross section uses wider ribs than the Cat cross section does. So the Polaris slides would likely be loose on the Cat factory rails.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I measured last night and the Polaris hyfax groove is 23mm wide, the cat groove is about 20.5mm and the Cat rail rib is about 19mm wide. The Cat hyfax on the ice age rail probably has enough give to go on nice and tight. Might be a bear to get it back off though? The Polaris hyfax on the Cat rail will definitely be sloppy.

J

jarred kale

Jul 21, 2022
USA
Does anyone know if the Polaris twin rail hyfax will fit the cat ascender rails? Have a set of ice age rails on an 09 M8, Kodi nox with the Poo hyfax, which wear like iron. my 2018 141 eats hyfax to the tune of about a set a year. I ride in good snow but, sometimes the trail is set up and I am wearing the cat hyfax quickly. was thinking if the Poo fax work, it will be cheaper than the Vespel sliders from cat. help is appreciated. Ski
what did you go with eventually ?

Premium Features