• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bike vs sled???

R
Nov 28, 2009
im on my rmk 600 and am looking at changing up but i dont know to go for a new sled a hawk or a bike. can some one tell me why bikes are better. i ride deep and steep will a bike go and two or four stroke?

T

turbo99

Mar 16, 2008
tacoma,wa
i like to ride both. steep sleds win trees powder that sleds cant get to bikes. there both just as fun

K

kraut

Dec 6, 2009
im on my rmk 600 and am looking at changing up but i dont know to go for a new sled a hawk or a bike. can some one tell me why bikes are better. i ride deep and steep will a bike go and two or four stroke?
Depends if you are a biker in the summer months. I bought a bike with a kit so in the summer I can ride with my boy . It's a lot of fun to ride in the trees and unreal on sidehills . You can mke a sh1tty sled snow day into a great bike powder day.Sleds cant go where these things can.

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
I have a review up on my Timbersled demo ride in the Gen section with some Q & A. I ride boosted two strokes and the bikes gave me all of the fun factor my turbo sled does. So VS wise you can't even compare them because the bikes just go in places the sleds can't dream of going and they can cover country very fast now point them up huge mountain now wile I can still put the bike on top it takes me longer to get there. Just two different animals but I would like to go head to head VS a 600 I bet it would be very close. Not a brand basher but we had a 2moto kit with us and it could not even go were we were taking the timbersled kits it was like watching a 600 short track vs a long track 800.

Only been on a Hawk for 10 min so that is not enough time to compare or say i have rode one. I think they would catch on if one of the 4 built them I don't see any reason for them to not be FI and they are 460lbs for a long track one dry full of fluids don't see any reason they need to be this heavy now 360-380lbs I think the fun factor would be insane..

4-Stroke bikes are a must tons of Tq and they key to the bikes is flop them over, wreck, get stuck, ect they are low-low maintnece Allen has now over 2k on the one with no parts being needed yet not even the chain or sprockets. Once you have a track kit you don't have to buy a new one you can update the bike and put the track kit on your new bike. Also a 60mile powder ride now cost you 3 to 3.5Gal not 10Gal of fuel so another key factor is it is now a snow sport that is fun yet cheap there is the cost of getting into it like anything but once you do the money needed to stay into the sport is a half to a quarter of what is needed for the sleds depending on how mod hungry you are.

I like to ride the powder on the bike but like stated above you don't have to have powder to have fun.

It's hard to even put into text were the bikes can go I was going places I would never dream of taking a sled and that was what makes it so much fun is just the places you can go without even blinking an eye you can drop into the worst of crapholes and come out grinning from ear to ear. Plus so many areas are close to me but not open enough to have allot of fun on the sleds so I can throw 2-3 bikes in the back of the truck and take off and have a blast in many new areas as well that I have never spent much time in before.

I was a sceptic for sure even ask Allen at Timbersled it took him forever to get me on a demo but it sure changed my mind about the single ski world.

Last edited:
Premium Features