• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

getting the 9 ready to rip

M
I have put a new exhaust sensor, a new speed sensor, and a new shock on the 900 this week. I also cleaned the exhaust valves. I have a few dollars left to do something else.($200) I'm thinking the FBF throttle cable. My sled has over 3000 miles. One intake boot is just showing signs of wear. I really should do the cable and the boots at the same time, but not sure I can afford that. I have never blown a belt so I think my mounts and clutch alignment are fine. Is there anything else I'm overlooking that should be looked at and possibly replaced?

F
Sep 1, 2008
HAVRE,MT
If it were me- I would do the boots and cable. Very important stuff.
Make sure when you replace the boots- put some heat reflective tape over the top of them- that will prevent them from cracking.
"Do the FBF cable- it is a must-
You will like it-

S

slowfusion

Nov 13, 2008
Sodus Point NY.
I have put a new exhaust sensor, a new speed sensor, and a new shock on the 900 this week. I also cleaned the exhaust valves. I have a few dollars left to do something else.($200) I'm thinking the FBF throttle cable. My sled has over 3000 miles. One intake boot is just showing signs of wear. I really should do the cable and the boots at the same time, but not sure I can afford that. I have never blown a belt so I think my mounts and clutch alignment are fine. Is there anything else I'm overlooking that should be looked at and possibly replaced?

Just finished with all my budget will allow for preseason, New Studboy shappers, intake boots/adapters, cleaned reeds and throttle bodies, cleaned VES, new donuts on DYNOPORT pipe kit, Modded airbox, New DYNOPORT clutch Kit,
And now I'm on to the '98, XC-600,,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$Adding reverse, electric start and block heater, Sending shocks in for rebuild.

F
Sep 1, 2008
HAVRE,MT
The tape does hold- I got mine from summit racing- It's 1 1/2" w and 25' long.
What you do is- after you get the new boots on- or good clean used ones is take some carb cleaner-or brake cleaner on a rag-and clean the top and sides really good with the cleaner on a rag- do it a couple times if needed- then put the tape on- covering the tops on both sides.
What this does is reflect the heat away from the boots- which is what causes them to crack in the first place.
Just make sure you buy the adhesive type tape.

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
I was able to find the heat tape at Home depot in their heating and plumbing section.

Premium Features