• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil consumption...low?

M
Dec 19, 2010
Just curious as to how much oil other PRO sleds are using. Sled is a 2011 Assault 155" and ive currently got 200 miles on the sled and the oil is still above the add mark (looks more than half full). This seems like it is not consuming enough compared to other sleds ive owned. The oil tank was topped off from the dealer and i have yet to add any... Thoughts?

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Just curious as to how much oil other PRO sleds are using. Sled is a 2011 Assault 155" and ive currently got 200 miles on the sled and the oil is still above the add mark (looks more than half full). This seems like it is not consuming enough compared to other sleds ive owned. The oil tank was topped off from the dealer and i have yet to add any... Thoughts?

that sounds about right..the pro doesnt use much oil..just how it is designed...

M
Dec 19, 2010
thanks for the reply, I guess i was just used to my 09 assault which seemed to burn quite a bit more oil then this machine..

F

flyboy103

Nov 27, 2007
I was wondering the same thing in my new assault. I would say mine is using about the same. I added more at 100 miles but i would say it was still over half way between the add and full. The same after today's 100 miles.

M
Dec 19, 2010
I like how efficient it is, on the other other hand it just doesnt seem like enough oil to maintain reliability or provide enough lubrication, but i guess thats not up to me to decide :face-icon-small-coo

M

MATCO

Jan 2, 2010
edmonds, wa
I put on 59 miles with premix and was noticing the same thing, very low oil usage compared to other machines. Also was very impressed with fuel consumption, only used about 5 gallons of 92 octane which is great especially for a break-in tank! :face-icon-small-hap

X

x2700

Feb 8, 2010
semn
i have 300 miles on pror6 and still have half a tank of oil!!i will have to put 400 miles on to get rid of blue oil.i would of used two quarts by now easily on old dragon 600.do they inject oil in different spots now to gain oil consumption?

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
Oil messes with EPA results so it's now part of the equation on emissions. It may have changed but Doo had sealed crank bearings on the Rev's & XP's so at some point you have to split the cases and add lube to those bearings or..........

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
Oil messes with EPA results so it's now part of the equation on emissions. It may have changed but Doo had sealed crank bearings on the Rev's & XP's so at some point you have to split the cases and add lube to those bearings or..........

"or.........." trade it off!

R
Dec 14, 2010
Has anyone else noticed the oil light coming on when the tank is about half ? my oil light is on and oil level is a fair bit above the add line.. little annoying, seems to me the light is coming on way to soon...

Steep&DeepRider

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2007
Austin, MN
Oil consumption

I have about 170 miles on mine and it is still at about 3/4 of a tank of oil! If this is right I am difinately changing to RedLine...:boink:

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Has anyone else noticed the oil light coming on when the tank is about half ? my oil light is on and oil level is a fair bit above the add line.. little annoying, seems to me the light is coming on way to soon...

Yup - kinda like the boy who cired wolf; makes the warning meaningless and annoying if you ask me!

Have FUN!

G MAN

M
Dec 19, 2010

yep, my oil light has starting going on and off with the oil level still aways above the add line.

B
Jan 16, 2010
Northern Utah
Oil light on mine came on last weekend about 2.5 inches above the add line. They just do it because they want you to notice way ahead of time to fill it up because they don't want some space cadet to run their sled out of oil and kill the motor.

My consumption has been insanely low also, which is nice because I'm on my last jug of Klotz!

J
Mar 1, 2009
Puyallup, WA

I'm glad i'm not the only one with that issue, I thought something was haywire. I have noticed some oil residue on the oil tank around where the oil level wires go into the tank. Not sure if that rubber plug is faulty or what.

longgold

Premium Member
Nov 9, 2010
Whistler BC.
I've already written Polaris complaining about the lack of oil consumption on my new Pro...to no response.

It's complete bull****....I mean, I just bought a whole case of VES and its gonna take me years to burn that stuff at this rate!

Not happy at all

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
I just spoke to the service guy at my dealer and he tells me that Polaris is asking them to have a look at the sleds for kinked oil lines which will restrict the oil flow from the tank. I had a look but did not see anything obvious to me. I'll take it in and let them have a look.

FBF.

Premium Features