• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 Single Ply Track

B
Nov 28, 2007
Laramie, wy
I am new to polaris, just crossed from cat, i snochecked an 09 D8, but i am wondering about the new track. Didnt skidoo try to do a single ply track in 06 and everyone complained so much about it not hooking up well that they changed? I am wondering what the opinions are about the track change?

D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA
I am new to polaris, just crossed from cat, i snochecked an 09 D8, but i am wondering about the new track. Didnt skidoo try to do a single ply track in 06 and everyone complained so much about it not hooking up well that they changed? I am wondering what the opinions are about the track change?

Don't know about the Poo single ply but the Cat Power Claw is rolling pretty good so far. This is what is going on my 09 D8!

B
Nov 28, 2007
Laramie, wy
ya, everyone seems to love the powderclaw, but my understanding is its made to be a rather soft track, minus the tower under the rail. This of course is word of mouth, but i believe doo's single ply was far to stiff causing bad trenching problems. There was a doo rep who came out to investigate the track problem in my area.

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise

The Doo problem track was in 07 on the X models & it wasn't the ply but the hard rubber. Good in spring snow bad any other time. The first Doo single ply was in 08 on the XP.
The Polaris is pretty much the same track as last year, tips feel firmer. The single ply tracks can't be as durable but are light.

Premium Features