• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Brand Loyalty

Are you moving to Polaris?

• Made the jump last year and loving it.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • Made the jump last year and hating life.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Going to move this year if Ski Doo doesn't come out with something revolutionary.

Votes: 42 34.4%
  • You couldn't talk me in to buying a Polaris no matter what Ski Doo comes out with.

Votes: 41 33.6%

• Total voters

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
Laugh at their underpowered motor, its keeping right with the other sleds. Their chassis on the other hand is kickin the chit out of the other sleds.

O and if its not hard to refine something why didnt Doo refine the XP 4 years ago?... Im still waiting for them to refine it to the point where its functional in the trees. And I'm serious when I say I'm waiting, I would love to be back on a Doo, but they just can't make the things handle worth a hoot.

Seriously! Have you rode a '11 or '12 XP. They are so easy to move its a problem for me. If you cant move one in the tree's your wife should keep your balls on the weekends too....haha.

As far as no one regretting jumping to Poo, I know of a few that are pissed their motor is down! Cant Poo figure out a crank? The 800's only been out 12 years!

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Seriously! Have you rode a '11 or '12 XP. They are so easy to move its a problem for me. If you cant move one in the tree's your wife should keep your balls on the weekends too....haha.

As far as no one regretting jumping to Poo, I know of a few that are pissed their motor is down! Cant Poo figure out a crank? The 800's only been out 12 years!
I had a 2011 last year... and I have a 2012 in the garage right now. I thought the 2011 XP handled like a dream, till I spent some seat time on a Pro, that just goes to show how horrible the pre 2011s were. Yes you can move them in the trees, but takes 3 times the effort of the Pro, you can do so many more things in the trees with so much more ease on the Pro. But hey, my Summit does good on the trail!

Last edited:
E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
I can see the thread now my ground breaking blet drive has no way to tension a belt and now the belt streched and is slipping what do I do.

Its a belt drive:face-icon-small-con CMX has had this out for years with big PSI motors and im sure the engineers at Polaris would know if it needs a tensioner? Its not rocket science lol

D

doobie

Oct 13, 2008
Cochrane ab
look what all you guys have done to snowest fourms. Every topic i read ends up with the same hand full of guys cutting down another hand full of guys. Embarresing to say the least. what happend to proper disscusions about products. Lots of peeps on here are a bunch of keyboard tuff guys. everybody beeks about fredw but he is a hero compared to some on here, at least he gives up some good info sometimes. Let me guess everyone is going to call me down and say there sled climbs higher than mine or there handlebar hook is lighter than mine. WEAK to say the least.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2009
Its a belt drive:face-icon-small-con CMX has had this out for years with big PSI motors and im sure the engineers at Polaris would know if it needs a tensioner? Its not rocket science lol

they all have tensioners are these the same engineers that made the 900

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
Unfortunately they will all be regretting this unPROfessional switch in about 9 more days....

I certainly hope so!! Love my 2012 XP Doo and how it rides compared to my 2010 XP but I have to say that I am VERY impressed with Polaris for 2012 and where they are going for 2013.

My guess for the 2013 Doo for February 20th will be:

1. A new (even farther) rider forward position with new ski stance

2. A new tunable lightweight skid that controls ski lift while on boost

3. A stock 800 etec pump gas turbo at 6 pounds of boost capable of 240 HP

4. Better "open" running boards that eliminates snow build up

I can dream right?! Let's see how close I am!? If they did happen to come out with a "reliable" stock 2 stroke turbo (for a reasonable price) with warranty, they would corner the market.

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Nope, I've already heard (from reliable sources) that the narrow A-arms were such a hit (and handling necessity) that they're now going with a mono-ski option for mtn. riders this year. :face-icon-small-ton

Have FUN!

G MAN

D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
Made the jump last year and loving it.

And for the record, if you buy the CMX belt drive conversion for a Pro, it doesn't come with a tensioner either. Or so I've been told.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
just trying to say poo engineers back then didnt know jack.they went with a belt that broke alot

K

kbl6z

Mar 8, 2009
auburn,wa
Laugh at their underpowered motor, its keeping right with the other sleds. Their chassis on the other hand is kickin the chit out of the other sleds.

O and if its not hard to refine something why didnt Doo refine the XP 4 years ago?... Im still waiting for them to refine it to the point where its functional in the trees. And I'm serious when I say I'm waiting, I would love to be back on a Doo, but they just can't make the things handle worth a hoot.

I have an 08 xp and can go anywhere i want in the trees with it. It sidehills like a dream. You just have to know how to ride it.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
i think the poo camp must start to realise that there are a few die hards or should i say a lot of diehards that love the xp feel and when we jump on the pro, the wow feeling is just not there for us as it is for the xp, last ride in revy the pro that was with us for two days, never stood out, not even one time, never took any wild lines or made highmarks, how can one be impressed about that

D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
i think the poo camp must start to realise that there are a few die hards or should i say a lot of diehards that love the xp feel and when we jump on the pro, the wow feeling is just not there for us as it is for the xp, last ride in revy the pro that was with us for two days, never stood out, not even one time, never took any wild lines or made highmarks, how can one be impressed about that

The Pro didn't? Does the chassis ride itself now? Maybe the rider didn't? (Sorry, had to lol)

Don't bother replying... I don't feel like getting involved. Just felt like being a smarta$$. :face-icon-small-ton

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I have an 08 xp and can go anywhere i want in the trees with it. It sidehills like a dream. You just have to know how to ride it.
It doesnt sidehill like a dream, I dont care who you are, or what kind of set up you have. It just plain doesnt work in technical stuff like the M or Poo, don't lie to yourself.. Yes you can sidehill an XP, and yes it will work for 90% of the riding that most people, It just takes more effort, but when tree lines get nasty it becomes an almost impossible sled to ride. I learned to ride the chassis, believe me. And I also learned that brand loyalty is a friggin joke.

I hope that Doo comes out with a Pro killer for 2013, I really do. And if they do I won't hesitate to have one. I'm gonna ride the most functional sled on the market, I don't care what brand or color it is. Right now the Pro is the sled for me, and I understand if its not for the next, we all have different riding styles, and opinions on what makes a mountain sled the best. If you think your Doo is the best sled and you've ridden a pro, then stay on the Doo, and ride the p!ss out of it, prove guys like me wrong, and have a blast doing it. Thats what sledding is all about.

Last edited:
F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
well each to his own i guess, i really love the feel of the 08 xp with the go fast parts and such it has, it will sidehill anything i want and do it very easy for me

here is a vid from the last trip, 08 xp, pro and etec up a good hill, etec won by a margin but poo beet the 08xp, best of my knowlege, they were close to stock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAn1YJdPPbM&feature=youtu.be

It doesnt sidehill like a dream, I dont care who you are, or what kind of set up you have. It just plain doesnt work in technical stuff like the M or Poo, don't lie to yourself.. Yes you can sidehill an XP, and yes it will work for 90% of the riding that most people, It just takes more effort, but when tree lines get nasty it becomes an almost impossible sled to ride. I learned to ride the chassis, believe me. And I also learned that brand loyalty is a friggin joke.

I hope that Doo comes out with a Pro killer for 2013, I really do. And if they do I won't hesitate to have one. I'm gonna ride the most functional sled on the market, I don't care what brand or color it is. Right now the Pro is the sled for me, and I understand if its not for the next, we all have different riding styles, and opinions on what makes a mountain sled the best. If you think your Doo is the best sled and you've ridden a pro, then stay on the Doo, and ride the p!ss out of it, prove guys like me wrong, and have a blast doing it. Thats what sledding is all about.

Premium Features