• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

worked a 860 today with the etec

Backcountrypro

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
This thread isn't so much 880 vs 860 as it is Etech vs 860. Either way it would be entertaining to see both go up against a good running 860. Anyway we could move this event a little further south.......say like Montana????:face-icon-small-coo

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
just got back from montana, after a week riding , it was a good time

i will let you know where and when we will be riding next time, as for now, i need a break and have to replace the track on the 880, on its last legs

if your less than a 3 inch you will have a disadvantage for sure, this will be fun:face-icon-small-hap

Nov 12, 2009
Camrose, AB
just got back from montana, after a week riding , it was a good time

i will let you know where and when we will be riding next time, as for now, i need a break and have to replace the track on the 880, on its last legs

if your less than a 3 inch you will have a disadvantage for sure, this will be fun:face-icon-small-hap

Typical racer, alwasy with the excusses. Be a street racer and just get r done lol

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
I would love to see this happen. Unfortunately everyone is gonna play the you drive to me card.

This would be fun. Seeing all of the good runners race. The B.S. usually stops on the hill. Make sure this thing gets video taped. If i can be there i would be happy to run camera.

A
Dec 27, 2007
Well I hope it is in Canada that will work for me ! Revy/Fernie/Valemount/Golden. Any of these is close enough for me ! Montana, never sledded there !but.............maybe ??

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
ran threw a few old pms and came accross this, might be time to here new comparsions from the etec to a 860

we had a stock etec with a ypipe mod doing 50mph track speeds, beating some mod sleds a few weeks ago, also just heard the ported etec is running real strong

the direct injection is looking sweet and reliabilty seams to be better... good job brp

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
the etec from what i recall is 12 more than the R.

from what i've seen 860/880 doesnt make a whole hill of beans either way.

bb's depending on the dealio can get up to 35+ if you have timing, cooling, pipes, fuel, carbs.

M

madmini660

Nov 6, 2008
lewistown mt
If this happens in Montana let me know have a couple 860's that would be there one is pretty good running have to turn my turbo over 8lbs to stay ahead and i live in montana and would love to show up with sleds

109RMSHA

Nov 9, 2011
Wow Kelsey take it easy. I ride in the same area as you and have pulled up to the same play hills as you and as soon as anyone starts to play around you up and leave to go hide out. Never seen you compare your stuff to anyone but your own. Just what I have seen. Glad your stuff works well but you cant get that bent out of shape. There will always be someone that can out do you. Thats just the way life is. Just Ride and have fun.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
well i gave it a week and no secrets revealed... i guess i gotta blow the whistle

there are three ported etecs that are running real strong, they were out this last week at revy against a slu of good running 860s and were not beat, from his statments today, i was told that the porting gets rid of the bugs in the motor, air flow is up and runs sweet threw the whole fuel curve, then add ypipe and pipe and its ripping

track speeds of 53mph with a 3 174, compared to 2012 stock etecs doing 50mph on a 2.5 track

racers edge own 860 set up the same does not climb as good as the ported etec, and is 15lbs lighter, and i have been out with that 860 in the past.... and it works very well

sounds like the builder found some sweet hidden power, and stock fuel system is holding well

here is a picture of the etec in stock fourm, then do some clean porting and even better air flow

post-9966-1275876161.jpg

Last edited:
F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
are you not from the polaris camp, if so, no video is required:face-icon-small-dis

this is not my etec, but some buddys that have good running 860s and now good running etecs, we hope to ride with them next weekend in revy

So, I've followed numerous threads that Fredw has promised video proof, but never seen any video. Does he even actually own a sled ?

Sheriff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Olds, Alberta
well i gave it a week and no secrets revealed... i guess i gotta blow the whistle

there are three ported etecs that are running real strong, they were out this last week at revy against a slu of good running 860s and were not beat, from his statments today, i was told that the porting gets rid of the bugs in the motor, air flow is up and runs sweet threw the whole fuel curve, then add ypipe and pipe and its ripping

track speeds of 53mph with a 3 174, compared to 2012 stock etecs doing 50mph on a 2.5 track

racers edge own 860 set up the same does not climb as good as the ported etec, and is 15lbs lighter, and i have been out with that 860 in the past.... and it works very well

sounds like the builder found some sweet hidden power, and stock fuel system is holding well

here is a picture of the etec in stock fourm, then do some clean porting and even better air flow

I have one of those ported e-tecs and they are far better than stock...still cant touch Barrys (All Revs Rule) 860 though...although i have never seen another work as well as his...but i am getting closer Barry:face-icon-small-win next weekend i will be lighter again...haha

Sheriff

Premium Features