• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front forks 2018/19 Yeti Toby Till

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
So here is the story..... called Toby Till he said you have to set up the fork with more than an airpro to get the yeti running like it should... I thought here we go buying more crap and will be in the same place... man was I wrong... he recommended the spot on spring rate and oil then had them made.... all I have to say is my whole set up is magical and I am so happy... besides that he had other recommendations and kept in stock storage options that worked really well... he mentioned with valving it gets even better... we will see next season but I am really so happy with the speed increase you can slice through trees and gives you th feeling of shifting directions as fast as skiing ....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I’m glad you got to try a balanced setup.

Proper Springs and valving make snow biking soooo much more enjoyable.

front ride height is critical. (Changes skid and ski reactions so much)

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
wwillf01, with the stiffer springs, does the 2018/2019 yeti have, or can be adjusted if one wants, to be fairly light on the front ski? Meaning light enough to be a bit playful on those non-deep, non-steep days? I've not been on a yeti and am trying to find out if one can set them up so the front end will get enough front ski lift for those situations where one wants it. Like if you have to hit a creek crossing head on rather than at an angle, can you whack open the throttle at the last second to get ski lift so the ski hits the other side and climbs rather than lawn darting into the opposite side and getting stuck up to the handlebars. I know hard to describe what I'm getting at and evaluate against other kits without the two being ridden on the same model bike the same day/conditions, but just trying to get an idea. Not looking for it to be so light that you have to stand and be over the bars on a steep uphill climb. Just wondering about getting the front end light with throttle for trail whoops, creek crossings, and those "oh crap" moments then you fly up on a situation where you need that front ski pressure off immediately (sink hole, shallow-buried log/rock, etc.) and leaning back, whacking open the throttle and getting that ski up saves the day.

Last edited:

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I can wheelie on call... that was the result for me with getting the front resprung that the airpro could not replicate... with 20 psi. I am 220 and went with .67..... with a ton of shimming they are custom... as for the rear I kept my settings which I really cranked my 18 springs down.. that was my goal a playful bike I am not a huge jump/ drop a cliff guy...

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
So here is the story..... called Toby Till he said you have to set up the fork with more than an airpro to get the yeti running like it should... I thought here we go buying more crap and will be in the same place... man was I wrong... he recommended the spot on spring rate and oil then had them made.... all I have to say is my whole set up is magical and I am so happy... besides that he had other recommendations and kept in stock storage options that worked really well... he mentioned with valving it gets even better... we will see next season but I am really so happy with the speed increase you can slice through trees and gives you th feeling of shifting directions as fast as skiing ....

Thank you so much for the props!!!! I love happy customers.

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
wwillf01, with the stiffer springs, does the 2018/2019 yeti have, or can be adjusted if one wants, to be fairly light on the front ski? Meaning light enough to be a bit playful on those non-deep, non-steep days? I've not been on a yeti and am trying to find out if one can set them up so the front end will get enough front ski lift for those situations where one wants it. Like if you have to hit a creek crossing head on rather than at an angle, can you whack open the throttle at the last second to get ski lift so the ski hits the other side and climbs rather than lawn darting into the opposite side and getting stuck up to the handlebars. I know hard to describe what I'm getting at and evaluate against other kits without the two being ridden on the same model bike the same day/conditions, but just trying to get an idea. Not looking for it to be so light that you have to stand and be over the bars on a steep uphill climb. Just wondering about getting the front end light with throttle for trail whoops, creek crossings, and those "oh crap" moments then you fly up on a situation where you need that front ski pressure off immediately (sink hole, shallow-buried log/rock, etc.) and leaning back, whacking open the throttle and getting that ski up saves the day.

Yes, there are kits out there that wheelie out of control on steep high traction hill climbs, there are kits that will not bring the ski off the ground to jump a creek. Then there is Yeti. With our RMS MX set up it is the perfect combo of a front end that will stay down on a climb with out sitting on the handlebars, and it still has the ability to throttle jump a creek. If I understand what you are looking for Yeti is the answer.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Interesting! From my limited experience a Yeti is pretty bad ass even with stock forks.
Man so much better with the springs but I am heavier than the average bear;)

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Man so much better with the springs but I am heavier than the average bear;)

Yeah me too.Im probably pushing 300#s with my gear and pack on. I've ridden a 129ss and it was impressive on a stock YZ. My buddy loves that kit. I'd would love to try a 137 mt

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Having a snow specific fork is a must IMHO. Ive bottomed so hard I dont know how I didnt damage internal parts. Blows me away that guys run AER forks that sell used for 1500clams on the snow, when a 200$ set of OC forks setup for another 300$ work waayy better.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Having a snow specific fork is a must IMHO. Ive bottomed so hard I dont know how I didnt damage internal parts. Blows me away that guys run AER forks that sell used for 1500clams on the snow, when a 200$ set of OC forks setup for another 300$ work waayy better.

The AER drops a solid 5 lbs off the front end and that weight is hanging way out in front, When running 200 psi and 15 wt oil they rock, I have both spring and AER. The AER noticeably lite on the front end and better in powder. not one air seal failure in any of the 18 or 19 models. If ewer heavy a simple re valve does the job.

Last edited:
Premium Features