• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

975 build part 2 what am i thinking

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Welds look good! Cant even tell it was cracked! lol. What do u think about the cpi can? My buddy bought my sled and he was thinkin about putting that can on it with the stock pipe.:face-icon-small-coo

the cpi can is the only can we run in our group. it is noisy but we get about 200 rpm more with it over the slp can. as far as the welds go when they are on the bottom you cant see them that is why they look so good :face-icon-small-ton

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Lookin good mr DAWG! Another 900 ready to go before Sean's!:boink:

Thanks dan and i am wondering if sean will ever get his done ;) :D :cheer2:

LOL...oh i see how it is...

trust me, I FEEL THE TIME CRUNCH, we are going to utah on dec 18th for xmas, and suppose to bring the sleds with...UH...WE'LL SEE??

...my 06 sits like it looks in the thread, and my 05 975 still needs the engine assembled, trail tank installed, fuel pump installed, skid with ice age rails installed...UGH!!

dont get me started....so much to, but NO MONEY...and then we have something called christmas coming...

so if your sled is done right now...i hate you ;)

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
December WHAT??????
Just so you know Sean, I'll be unloading my sled somewhere in BC on the 26th.... of this month

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
this is the 3rd season i will be running this type of intake. with no issues. i went from 3 inch the last couple years to the 4 inch this year. i really want the fire n ice but just couldn't afford it this year and the 3-6 week wait just didn't cut it. you should be fine. atleast i know i wont have to worry about it plugging up with snow ;)

BD, how much fabricating did you have to do for your intake? Do you have any detailed pics with instructions? I am not very good at fabbing things up. :face-icon-small-sad But, show me a good picture and some instructions, and I'm good to go! LOL.

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
Sean what part of utah are you coming to. Maybe we could meet up to ride. Dont have the 900 anymore but would like to test out the new dragon i purchased.

Make sure he has collision insurance before you ride! And make sure your insurance is up to date just in case! :face-icon-small-con :face-icon-small-coo

:focus:

Its all looking real good BigDawg! I am pretty jealous, counting down the damn days till I can get my 'finished'.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Welds look good! Cant even tell it was cracked! lol. What do u think about the cpi can? My buddy bought my sled and he was thinkin about putting that can on it with the stock pipe.:face-icon-small-coo

The SLP cans don't hold up. I broke three of them before switching to the CPI. I have a cracked SLP in the garage right now if somebody wants it. You could probably weld it up and add bracing to it.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
not to hijack BD...but here is the billet front crossmember i had made too..had one on my 05 900 and had a buddy copy it for the 06 900 ad he made some for his/his dads 900s as well..so we were all happy, lol..

i talked with my buddy that made my billet one, and he believes the compfusion mounts are causing the stock crossmembers to crack...i cant think of one sled that cracked one that DIDNT have the compfusion mounts...the urethane pucks are a stronger durometer and take the vibs from the sled much better, but transfers it to the crossmember too...

with a bill crossmember, it will never be an issue for sure...(with compfusion mounts of coarse, the ONLY way to go)

Polzinhunter is gonna be making the billet cross members when he gets some time..so theres a market out there for sure.. ;)

When is he going to be making the cross members? And any idea how much? I am going to be installing a set of compfusion mounts and if they are breaking the stock cross member I would rather put a billet one in when I do the mounts, but I don't know anyone who could make one for me here.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
BD, how much fabricating did you have to do for your intake? Do you have any detailed pics with instructions? I am not very good at fabbing things up. :face-icon-small-sad But, show me a good picture and some instructions, and I'm good to go! LOL.

don't have time this morning but i will take some better pics. it really is simple here are the basics.

1 buy a 4" mass air adapter i will have part number tomorrow
81403.jpg

mass air adapter

2 buy a 4" flex air intake tube
9758.jpg

4 inch flex hose

3 buy a 4" air cleaner
21cfmO8PZQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

4" cone air filter

i will have part numbers tomorrow of the stuff i used i had about 85 bucks in my but my shop payed for it so i had 0 out of pocket ;)

cut 1 inch off of the hight of the adapter then place the adapter over the stock boost box opening and center it the best you can then drill some holes in the aluminum not th air box so the will line up with the lip on the boost box.
then i used some small screws to hold it in place. after i liked its position i removed the boost box, removed the screws applied a bead of silicone on the lip and installed screws again. then i used silicone to fill the gaps.

i will take some pics and post them up. it is really really close to my pipe, almost touching so i put 3 layers of the reflective tape on it after i installed it.

Last edited:

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
don't have time this morning but i will take some better pics. it really is simple here are the basics.

1 buy a 4" mass air adapter i will have part number tomorrow
81403.jpg

mass air adapter

2 buy a 4" flex air intake tube
9758.jpg

4 inch flex hose

3 buy a 4" air cleaner
21cfmO8PZQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

4" cone air filter

i will have part numbers tomorrow of the stuff i used i had about 85 bucks in my but my shop payed for it so i had 0 out of pocket ;)

cut 1 inch off of the hight of the adapter then place the adapter over the stock boost box opening and center it the best you can then drill some holes in the aluminum not th air box so the will line up with the lip on the boost box.
then i used some small screws to hold it in place. after i liked its position i removed the boost box, removed the screws applied a bead of silicone on the lip and installed screws again. then i used silicone to fill the gaps.

i will take some pics and post them up. it is really really close to my pipe, almost touching so i put 3 layers of the reflective tape on it after i installed it.

Cool! Take your time on the other pics, no huge rush!

Thanks again, Skylar.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Hey BiggDawg, who makes that back bumper on there and is that also a tunnel extension? I just put a 163 track under my 151 chassis and the flap is way close now and I am trying to find a good extension.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I was looking at that earlier. I'm sure you are right. I think I also read something on there about if you can dream it up they can make it. Guess I need to call them and see what they say.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Hey BiggDawg, who makes that back bumper on there and is that also a tunnel extension? I just put a 163 track under my 151 chassis and the flap is way close now and I am trying to find a good extension.

yes it is the vanamberg one and i just modified it to work. here are some pics of the install basically you cut off the tabs on the extension and you have to grind a little off on the braces that go forward.

any questions just hollar i can tell ya what you need to know

biggdawgrebuild0003.jpg

biggdawgrebuild0004.jpg

biggdawgrebuild0013.jpg

biggdawgrebuild0014.jpg

biggdawgrebuild0015.jpg

biggdawgrebuild0016.jpg

biggdawgrebuild0017.jpg

biggdawgrebuild0018.jpg

biggdawgrebuild0019.jpg

biggdawgrebuild0020.jpg

biggdawgrebuild0022.jpg

biggdawgrebuild0023.jpg

Last edited:

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Thanks, I owe you big time for those pics of how mount this. It looks like we have the same rail extensions and suspension. Just curious why you left the extra cross bar in there right behind the Timbersled crossbar. It's just extra weight isn't it? I think they said to remove it. What length track was that and what do you have on it now?

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Thanks, I owe you big time for those pics of how mount this. It looks like we have the same rail extensions and suspension. Just curious why you left the extra cross bar in there right behind the Timbersled crossbar. It's just extra weight isn't it? I think they said to remove it. What length track was that and what do you have on it now?

Your welcome i will help anyone if i can.

i had left it in there for support. it keeps the strength up if you do jumping.
this year i put on iceage rails and i left it out.

it was a 151 and i went to the 159 2 1/8 track

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Next year I plan on getting Ice Age rails. Spent too much money on everything else this year to be able to afford them. That and I got a good deal on the rail extensions.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Next year I plan on getting Ice Age rails. Spent too much money on everything else this year to be able to afford them. That and I got a good deal on the rail extensions.

well i got lucky on the rails at haydays they were clearing out some older stock and i got some black rails made for the timbersled suspension and 8" wheels and i got them for 100 bucks we picked up 2 sets :D

Premium Features