• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need some help with my 900

M
Jan 7, 2010
Belt, MT
Hey guys im new to snowest, but my 900 will run good for like 30-45 min just fine, but after about that amount of time it runs horrible, always bogging down and sometimes wont run over 6000 rpms. Hope you guys have some suggestions. Thanx in advance!

P
Feb 22, 2009
does it keep running after 30-45 mins or does it shut right down??

Also what do the plugs look like?

You are in the right place all the people on this forum have helped me out lots and I am sure they will help you figure this out :beer;

M
Jan 7, 2010
Belt, MT
Plugs are a big issue and tell all- Like paramuir- what do they look like?
How long have you had the sled?
Any mods?

Yeah ive tried changing plugs a few times with both NGK and Champion
I just got the sled in november.
The guy i bought it from said that he had a dealer put in a new top end, and the compression is 135#

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
do you have a boondockers control box on there?

what type of intake are you running? (possible snow ingestion)

check TPS for sure!

have you change the fuel filter?

have you checked/clean and/or replaced your exhuast bellows..if you have holes in the bellows you will have issues about 5800-6000rpms!!

R
Dec 4, 2009
nampa
I dont know alot about them but you might inspect your plug wires, and make sure they are in good working order. Again just a thought. good luck

M
Jan 7, 2010
Belt, MT
do you have a boondockers control box on there?

what type of intake are you running? (possible snow ingestion)

check TPS for sure!

have you change the fuel filter?

have you checked/clean and/or replaced your exhuast bellows..if you have holes in the bellows you will have issues about 5800-6000rpms!!

Well it had a SLP on it and i thought that it might just be sucking snow, so i put a stock boost box and then used an idea i got off of one of the forums and built one out of a cold air inake, and plus it does it on the trail or in powder

I thought about that too, but if it was the fuel filter wouldnt it do it all the time?

I will check those as well

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
What is going on with engine temps as it hits the point where it starts to run bad?
Does it flash codes?
Is your intake sucking in hot under - hood air?
Anytime I have a weird power or running problem on my 9, I like to start from the TPS since it can cause all sorts of strange things if it is out to lunch.

S

sw

Sep 10, 2009
Minnesota
Yes, start by looking at engine temp. it could simply be going into detonation mode as it is getting too hot?

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
if it runs good cold and crappy when the engine get hot and then good again after everything cools down I would think bad stator. check it with a ohm meter when cold and then check it again when it starts to crap out.

M
Jan 7, 2010
Belt, MT
Well guys i really appreciate all the info and i finally got it all worked out!! :D it ended up being the TPS wiring harness and a bad exhaust temp sensor. But i took it up this weekend and it ripped!! Thanx again for all the input!

Premium Features