• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1100T 50th edition is in!!

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Dark garage, photos suck so I will wait until I get a chance to Pull it into the sunshine and pull it apart.....

The dealer put the "goggle holder on for me and it seems to finish off that area between the post and the gauge really well.....

Kind of sparse on the room inside of it though. Just enough room for a pair of goggles, hence the name goggle Bag

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Dark garage, photos suck so I will wait until I get a chance to Pull it into the sunshine and pull it apart.....

The dealer put the "goggle holder on for me and it seems to finish off that area between the post and the gauge really well.....

Kind of sparse on the room inside of it though. Just enough room for a pair of goggles, hence the name goggle Bag

Come on jeff tell it how it is. . . Your happier than a puppy with two peters arent you!

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Awesome, I can tell by just sidehilling on asphalt that this thing is a contender..............LOL:face-icon-small-ton

Thats what I thought. . . Watch out what you say or you will get ripped apart by the guys out west for claiming these things like it was this spring about your demo ride on crappy mn snow. . .

B
Dec 18, 2007
Afton, MN

Hey Hilly---I guess we found this years "Goggle Boy,"

beturbo

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
went to get mine today and first it wouldn't got into reverse. Played with it for a while got it to go into rev then it wouldn't got forward "f*ck". Had to leave it at the dealer had to go to the bar to get over the pain!

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Took all the stickers off tonight. First to go were the warning stickers on the cowling. Then that manufacturing sticker on the tunnel. That one was a biotch! Heat gun softened it up a bit, but it still took quite awhile for me and my son to get it all off. The only one left is that little CE sticker on the right footwell........

Found my tool bag, on the right side behind the reverse actuator.......

Had a look-see behind the right side panel, then ran out of time before I could pull my belt off and wash it off with soapy water to get the release compound off of it.

Probably get to that tomorrow night. I will post a few more pictures then......

IMAG0077.jpg IMAG0076.jpg IMAG0075.jpg IMAG0078.jpg

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Jeff Take a permanent marker and color the top of the cooler. Since it is clean it should look good and have an almost anodizded look.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Jeff Take a permanent marker and color the top of the cooler. Since it is clean it should look good and have an almost anodizded look.

Actually I kind of like the aluminum color, offsets the black on the rest of the sled a bit........

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Actually I kind of like the aluminum color, offsets the black on the rest of the sled a bit........

With all do respect. . . You can't have a all black sled like that and want to offset the black. . . Not a good thing. You could use a green permenant marker as well.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Took a few more pictures of the left side.

THink I found a spot to put the spare belt. On the left side, near the belly pan, just in front of the left footwell. That location is not in line with a belt that would start to blow and fray.

I am thinking that I could get a 1/2"x10" velcro strap and run it through the holes on the footwell in a loop back to the belt, around the belt and secure it onto the front of the footwell.

I will do some playing around with it when I get my spare belt. They are backordered until December sometime.....

Didn't get a chance to play around with taking the belt off yet, but it looks hokey to me (THe process)

Makes me yearn for my Skidoo Secondary that had a little hole that you put a tool into and then it would turn open really easily....

I am thinking I might do a little porting just in front of the primary and behind the left front shock to get some additional air in there. Put a little mesh in there to keep out the snow dust. That whole area seems like it would hold the heat in too much. I'll have to ride it hard and check the temp of the belt and primary to see if this is needed.

Also, after looking at the belt cover on the secondary section, I think some porting of that cover is in order.

All that foam is coming off that side as well. I can see that foam carrying alot of water weight (Un-needed)

And speaking of the Summit next to my sled........ That is my 12 year olds. He said to me "Dad, I thought my sled was the coolest looking sled ever. But now after looking at your sled, I dont think that anymore"

"Well, when you grow up and get your own job and buy your own sled, you can buy what you think is the coolest sled with your own money"

"On second thought, my sled is really cool looking afterall"

Tonight, I am going to pull the belt off and have a look-see under the seat. Maybe snap a few pictures of the seat area and the battery......

IMAG0080.jpg IMAG0081.jpg IMAG0082.jpg IMAG0083.jpg

Last edited:
H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
Changing the belt looks to be a nightmare! What is the black bracket behind the primary just below the secondary? Looks like that will come into play when changing the belt! Get it figured out before I get mine and then you can share with me what is the best route. Then I'm not wasting my time!:face-icon-small-win

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Changing the belt looks to be a nightmare! What is the black bracket behind the primary just below the secondary? Looks like that will come into play when changing the belt! Get it figured out before I get mine and then you can share with me what is the best route. Then I'm not wasting my time!:face-icon-small-win

Brake caliper. . .

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
A couple of things to look for!!

Ok, so I pulled the left panel off and dug into getting the belt off......

The manual at one point says "Then put the 2" washeron the cap screw and insert into the clutch and tighten, and the belt will come loose"

In my tool kit there was no washer!! Check your tool kits, you dont want to be out in the snow and blow a belt and then have no way to change it. I dont think you can simply rotate the inner sheave to spread it anymore, something prevents the old school way. I found a spare 2" washer in my "Washer" bin in my workshop.

Even with the washer, the sheaves barely come apart enough to get the belt out. Getting it back in is even harder. Imagine a belt that has been all folded up and stiff as a board from the cold. That is a disappointment

The second picture is my frustration with having to pull this off in order to prepare you to get the sheaves apart

The third pic is of the battery area and the plug in for the fancy heated seat. I pulled that little screw out that holds the release latch for the seat off and put it in my tool kit. Seems pretty sturdy without it on there so I might just as well leave it off. We shall see

The fifth picture shows a little void where you might be able to store something. BTW, a belt will not fit in this area, I already tried

The second to last picture is the exhaust side panel, the last pic it the clutch side. Plenty of opportunity to pull some foam off at least the clutch side. The exhaust side has foil on it. I am a bit leery about taking off that casue the heat might transfer from the exhaust to the panels.

Was thinking that if a guy could find a good battery with plent of CCA that is smaller (Not as thick) there might be an opportunity to store the belt back there.

Well, there you go, that completes my picture taking on this sled. Hope it shed some light on your new sled!!

IMAG0097.jpg IMAG0091.jpg IMAG0084.jpg IMAG0085.jpg IMAG0088.jpg IMAG0098.jpg IMAG0099.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features