• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No Velocity Shocks for PRO-RMK ?

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
I think that is pretty lame! Especially when the Piggyback shock option on the PRO-RMK is the same price as a Khaos with the Velocity shocks. I don't want a ton of ski lift and the narrow front end allows me to do what I want. I think Polaris missed the price on the PRO-RMK without the option of the Velocity shocks. I feel like they should offer them on the PRO-RMK for the same price or at least have an option for them.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Well, the RMK Assaults always came with better shocks than the Pro-RMKs.

At least the Khaos is being offered with the 850 for 2020 where as the 2019 RMK Assault was only offered with the 800HO

https://www.snowest.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4141819&postcount=1

This is a quote from the above link provided by Mountainhorse last year:

I just got this info from Polaris corporate...

The shocks options on the 2019 Pro RMK packages during snowcheck are

1) Monotube shocks
2) Compression adjustable 'piggyback clicker' shocks with the 1/2" shafts.

The Comp Adj. Piggyback Clicker NEEDLE shocks are NOT an option on any of the ProRMK sleds. (only the assault, which is not offered with the 850 engine).

If you have ordered your snowcheck with the upgraded "Clicker" option... you will get the NON-needle shocks with 1/2" shafts.... regardless of what your paperwork says...

If you want to change your mind based on this and go with the monotube shocks.... your dealer should be able to modify your SC contract and decrease, on your contract, the 'total due' amount for next fall by moving you back to the mono-tube.

Talk to your dealer if you have issues.

Last edited:

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the WE Comp ADJ. NEEDLE clicker shocks on the RMK Assaults come with a 5/8" shaft?

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
I am pretty sure that they were 5/8". The Assault was also a wider ski stance. 43"-41". The Khaos and the Pro-RMK have the exact same front end. The rear center shock is the only difference from what I understand. I am fairly sure just a new rod would be needed from the factory to make it fit a PRO-RMK.

Regardless. the assault was expensive because of the shocks and some other features. That is not the case in the Khaos and the PRO-RMK. I feel like I would be getting cheated by snowchecking PRO-RMK piggyback shocks.

I am in the market to Snowcheck a sled this year and this bothers me.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I am pretty sure that they were 5/8". The Assault was also a wider ski stance. 43"-41". The Khaos and the Pro-RMK have the exact same front end. The rear center shock is the only difference from what I understand. I am fairly sure just a new rod would be needed from the factory to make it fit a PRO-RMK.

Regardless. the assault was expensive because of the shocks and some other features. That is not the case in the Khaos and the PRO-RMK. I feel like I would be getting cheated by snowchecking PRO-RMK piggyback shocks.

I am in the market to Snowcheck a sled this year and this bothers me.

Just looked, the all of the shocks on the Khaos are the Velocity.

From Polaris' Khaos specifications page:
Suspension

Front Shocks
Walker Evans® Hi-Lo Comp. Adj Velocity

Front Suspension
AXYS® RMK® React™

Front Track Shock
Walker Evans® Comp. Adj Velocity 2"

Front Travel
9 in (22.9 cm)

Rear Suspension
RMK® KHAOS®

Rear Track Shock
Walker Evans® Comp. Adj. Velocity

Rear Travel
16 in (40.6 cm)

D
Oct 31, 2013
NH
WE shocks suck anyway, I'm sure the velocity shocks suck too. I still don't get why sled manufactures offer better shock options with sleds.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I had my WE clicker shocks revalved on my '16 Pro-RMK as I couldn't afford some good aftermarket shocks, but I'm thinking some new Fox Zero QS3-R Series shocks that Kmod sells will be on my sled for next season.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
WE velocity shocks don't suck. Stock calibration is another story. It is interesting to see this unique tiny piggyback cylinder they stuck on these sleds! Also I am glad to see they used a 2" body piggyback center shock. To me this shock is the most abused shock on the sled and usually the weakest.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
WE shocks suck anyway, I'm sure the velocity shocks suck too. I still don't get why sled manufactures offer better shock options with sleds.

$$$, plus they get to offer upgrades as accessories, as in, more $. Just business.

Premium Features