• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ECM reflash?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
If there is one hopefully it's to take off that 6000rpm max rev for the first 20 minutes. The ER didn't have that. So there I am on Oct 3rd on the side of the trail pulling my sled apart, powervalve cables off, etc trying to figure out why my sled wasn't pulling. Even my dealer wasn't aware of it till he called Cat. Thank god for my inreach!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
If there is one hopefully it's to take off that 6000rpm max rev for the first 20 minutes. The ER didn't have that. So there I am on Oct 3rd on the side of the trail pulling my sled apart, powervalve cables off, etc trying to figure out why my sled wasn't pulling. Even my dealer wasn't aware of it till he called Cat. Thank god for my inreach!
Just had a buddy ready to return his sled and buy a gen 4 because of this!! lol.

Nice little feature, would just be nice if they told you about it.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Our dealer told us about it last year. Put it on the stand and run it 4 or 5 times for heat cycles will cut this time in half

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Havent read an owners manual for 10 years. When an ER doesnt have that feature or any other sled in Cats history, you wouldnt think theyd all of a sudden add it...

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I broke in an ER sno pro that didnt do it. Odd. Were the ERs you guys had low rpm break in the sno pro or the MC?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Yeah same here. I guess you never know what Cat was gonna give you this year... If there is a reflash, Id wait and make sure they dont knock down power or something.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
We sure as heck don’t want to be de-tuned! I’d like to know specific info before having this done.

-Stack

D
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
I was at the dealer yesterday picking up my ER Snopro after the clutch recall and the dealer told me about the reflash so I left there.

I guess there is an update where they install a heat sheild on the plastic so it doesn't melt from the heat of the can on the ER models as well.

If you take your sled in for the reflash, ask them about the heat shield as well.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
I was told that they had a 8 hour break in cycle, and it wont have full power until the hours are reached. Anybody heard of this?

F
Nov 5, 2017
Nevada
I was told that they had a 8 hour break in cycle, and it wont have full power until the hours are reached. Anybody heard of this?

20 minutes of 6,000 rpms, extra oil, and extra fuel. And I thought it was 6 hour electric break in. Certain rpms with certain throttle percentage. Can't just let it idle for 6 hours.

Either way, it IS in the owners manual.
Also No need for the oil in the fuel anymore

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Havent read an owners manual for 10 years. When an ER doesnt have that feature or any other sled in Cats history, you wouldnt think theyd all of a sudden add it...

Yes my ER has it, pretty sure they all did (Early Releases)

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
We sure as heck don’t want to be de-tuned! I’d like to know specific info before having this done.

-Stack

I’m hoping John @ Arcticinsider can provide details on this, he has done great write ups on past reflashes, etc...

-Stack

Premium Features