• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to make the sled easier to turn?

brandon227

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2010
North East Wyoming
I am looking for any advice to make my boy's 550 summit easier to turn for him. Is their any aftermarket skies that will do this? Will letting the limiter strap out help? Will stiffening up the front track shock help? The current set up of the sled is, stock 6.9 skies in the narrow stance , limiter strap set loose on flat ground( about 2" of free play in strap), all springs are on the softest setting. My boy is only 10 and weights about 80lbs with all his gear on. The sled works great for him except by mid afternoon he can no longer make it go where he wants it to.

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Turn

As long as it does not push too much anything you do to lighten up the ski pressure will work. You could also take a slice out of he actuator arm end of the steering post to increase the leverage ratio.

J
Oct 28, 2013
generation 1 simmons skis

I've got em on my daughters 550 she's 12 years and has no problem turning the sled you can find them on Craigslist for fairly cheap these days

brandon227

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2010
North East Wyoming
Thanks for the replies to this thread. Any advice is helpful. I had a guy tell me about the Simmons skies earlier today. I may see what I can find.

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
I run the simmons flex ski's on my Rev 800's since 05 and it turned really well. I may sell them since I parted out the sled.

Premium Features