• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

6.4 Ford thinking what are your thoughts

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
I know they had problems but I love the style and power of this truck inside is like a caddy as well.

The only downside or thing stopping me from buying is this emission garbage it has.

What is the best MPG you guys are getting with it also does anyone have a DPF delete kit that your dealer will overlook and still warranty the truck??? I am not looking to chip one to get more power just take the DPF off but have been told you need to chip it to do so as well.

Any thoughts and comments from 6.4 owners would be great good or bad.

Last edited:
S
Nov 28, 2007
Work Truck: 12 to 13mpg on 1 ton 4 door longbox all kinds of driving. Towing about 10mpg. Filter delete and control box about 15mpg. same driving style.

My 6.7 Megacab is like a sports car compared to stock 6.4 and I average 15mpg all kinds of driving. All stock. The 6.4 with upgrades on econo setting feels like my 6.7. Filter delete and box 18-20mpg
my .02

B
Feb 10, 2008
i own a f450, terrible fuel mileage 12.5 mpg (cdn) empty, towing 9mpg.. I like every thing else about the truck interior, power, looks, etc... I am on my second motor and it has spent ( 9 weeks in the shop). would i buy another one (NO) just my 2 cents

H

huhner772

Nov 26, 2007
I have a f350 with 6 inch lift and 35's getting 20mpg on the hwy. Running the spartan dpf delete with the 250hp tune.:D

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
So say I get a Spartan system and take if off before I go into the dealer will they warranty the motor if it takes a dump or am I better off telling them??

That is one of my only holdbacks right now to getting one.

i own a f450, terrible fuel mileage 12.5 mpg (cdn) empty, towing 9mpg.. I like every thing else about the truck interior, power, looks, etc... I am on my second motor and it has spent ( 9 weeks in the shop). would i buy another one (NO) just my 2 cents
I had that happen to my 2006 F350 6.0 liter. The head gasket went on both occasions. That trucks lease is up so now I have a 2009 F350. At first it was saying 19 liters per 100 Km. After a little driving it has gotten worse, 24 liter per 100Km. :rolleyes:

brodie

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
sheridan wyoming
ive had three 6.4 fords and i loved everyone. two were 250s one auto and one 6 speed. the manual got 16-17 auto got 13-14. Tons off power. My new one is a f350 dually and it gets 11 if im lucky, and thats with a superchip in it. But i still like them. MY ford dealer sucks though they wont warranty stock trucks half the time so good luck if you take the dpf off

S
Dec 27, 2007
Redmond, WA

What is 12.5 CDN mileage in comparison to American? If its anywhere close why are you complaining? You bought an F-450, have you ever looked underneath it? And what gears are in it? Sorry to be rude but I mean seriously...

L
Sep 24, 2003
Boise, ID
Has anyone had theres flashed? in the last couple of weeks? We dropped a friends off to get reflashed and it is supposed to get bettter mileage.. I just wonder if it really is any better...

S
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Shaw, Montana
Work Truck: 12 to 13mpg on 1 ton 4 door longbox all kinds of driving. Towing about 10mpg. Filter delete and control box about 15mpg. same driving style.

My 6.7 Megacab is like a sports car compared to stock 6.4 and I average 15mpg all kinds of driving. All stock. The 6.4 with upgrades on econo setting feels like my 6.7. Filter delete and box 18-20mpg
my .02

X2..

H
Nov 26, 2007
Your moms house
Never owned a Ford Diesel but drove one for work when I was a field mech. Couldn't trust it to get me home, would either break down on the way to the job, on the job or coming home and this was for 27000 kms. I'v had my Dodge CTD since 2003 and just bought a 2008 Mega. I agree it's all the experience you have had with a product, mine was bad and others flawless. It is in the end what makes you happy with your purchase, I would and have scoured the Forums for other peoples experience. Thats why I have a DPF delete coming and a Bullydog PMT for my 6.7

G
Dec 7, 2007
Boise ID
I have had my 6.4 for about 4 months now and am getting around 12 in town, 20 highway and 11 towing. I really like this truck over my 03 V10. The power and towing are so much better. The interior is very nice and the ride is much better than my 03.

M
Feb 6, 2008
Draper, UT
Never owned a Ford Diesel but drove one for work when I was a field mech. Couldn't trust it to get me home, would either break down on the way to the job, on the job or coming home and this was for 27000 kms. I'v had my Dodge CTD since 2003 and just bought a 2008 Mega. I agree it's all the experience you have had with a product, mine was bad and others flawless. It is in the end what makes you happy with your purchase, I would and have scoured the Forums for other peoples experience. Thats why I have a DPF delete coming and a Bullydog PMT for my 6.7

haha if every did that then no one would drive a powerstroke :D

(..waits for some bad rep)

P

PIKER

Dec 4, 2007
Lethbridge Alberta
So say I get a Spartan system and take if off before I go into the dealer will they warranty the motor if it takes a dump or am I better off telling them??

That is one of my only holdbacks right now to getting one.

I run the Spartan and I would not tell them that I just F*cked it up. The tuner can clear any codes, put your dpf back on and call the tow truck.

The Spartan system is good and will be much better when they have the winter tunes figured out.

I really like my F350 but it does spend a lot of time at the pumps.

PIKER

tm8:D

Premium Features