• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro steering post relocation

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
T

tkuss

Dec 12, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Even just taking Moto's sled off the trailer it felt better to me:D!! LOL Gotta Love the TALL bars A Moto? Very nice build Gent's So how about some Apex parts??????????? :rolleyes:

Yes I am waiting for a Apex steering kit to get rid of the 1.5" of play in my bars.

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Thought I'd address a few questions:

Even just taking Moto's sled off the trailer it felt better to me:D!! LOL Gotta Love the TALL bars A Moto? Very nice build Gent's So how about some Apex parts??????????? :rolleyes:
Yes I am waiting for a Apex steering kit to get rid of the 1.5" of play in my bars.

Yes, we will be making a bushing block to fit the Apex. Frado, your set of three will be there next week for you to trial fit and then you can report back. :)

Just ordered one up.
Can't wait to feel the difference.

I always wondered why Yamaha put the steering post where they did:confused::confused:

Thanks for the order sledheadd. :beer; Apparently, they put the steering post where they did because there are some people who sit down when they ride. :confused: Don't know any personally, but I've heard rumors to that effect. :cool:

That's a nice piece. 7000 aluminum?

M5

Thanks M5,

We actually recycle the beer cans that are consumed at the shop late at night to make our parts. We're considering using Molson cans to make parts for our friends to the north, but have not implemented that yet. Stay tuned.

Actually, all aluminum parts are machined from 6061 with certs tracable to the foundry. The bushings are an 863 Bronze alloy aka "super oilite". It handles high stress loads extremely well with little to no wear. It is impregnated with SAE 30 weight oil for permanent lubrication. The bolts are class 12.9 fasteners with a tensile strength of 180,000 psi. And last, the kit comes with a small tube of #271 ( red ) loctite for a little extra insurance.

Thanks for all of the compliments!

scmurs

827revdog

Jun 18, 2008
michigan
nice work guys. looks far superior to anything else on the market. courious to what else is in the works.?

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
nice work guys. looks far superior to anything else on the market. courious to what else is in the works.?

So far we are manufacturing billet steering shaft blocks, rail extensions, billet wheels, offset axle kits, and the relocator. In the works are: more wheel designs, tunnel block-offs for apex and nytro, storage system for the nytro, billet steering clamp covers, billet risers, and a whole buncha other neat doodads.

Whatever it is, you can bet it will be the best part you can find, for the best price anywhere!

Last edited:

827revdog

Jun 18, 2008
michigan
damn it moto. now i have to add it to my list. i allready have a relocate but yours looks alot nicer and comes with oil lites. are the kits available now?

Last edited:
M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
are the kits available now?

Yup. We are shipping daily. The Relocator is currently available in natural aluminum, and black anodized. Out web site should be up and running by Monday, but you can order the relocator * EDIT * at our website>>> now. We accept most major crdit cards, as well as PayPal.

Thanks for your interest. Hope to hear from you soon!

-Moto

Last edited:
H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
I had a chance to ride nikolai's sled with this setup and its awesome. Nice fit and finish and puts the bars in the perfect position.

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
damn it moto. now i have to add it to my list. i allready have a relocate but yours looks alot nicer and comes with oil lites. are the kits available now?

I also already had a relocate kit but the oil lights alone are worth it. It eliminates so much play from the plastic bushings. The quality of the kit is outstanding. Here are few pics from my install. Spent the weekend on it and love it.

Edit: FYI, In the last picture my plastic isn't fitting quite right. That is because of the trail tank, not the relocate.

bushing.jpg

collar.jpg

side-2.jpg

back-1.jpg

Last edited:

827revdog

Jun 18, 2008
michigan
thought this product needed to be at the top. ordered mine up tonight. only seven months before i can punish it, but ill pet it a little.

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
I am very happy with the quality of the OFT products. I have the Relocator on my Nytro and couldnt ask for anything else.

I just received my OFT forward steering kit for my Nytro today:D It looks, fits and feels awesome. By far the nicest forward kit I've seen...props to the OFT Racing gang...I don't think you could've built a nicer piece:beer;:beer;

I put the steering relocator kit on my Nytro, what an unbelievable difference. Excellent product OFT.

Thanks for the props guys!

We hope to hear your thoughts on performance when the white stuff falls once again!

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
We have finally received fitment, performance, and durability reports for the "relocator" from our adopted chief test pilot... Mr. Brad Story.

After a couple late spring test sessions, Brad reports asthetics, fit and finish second to none.

He also reported that OFT Racing's "relocator" offers an exceptional increase in forward movement of the steering shaft; well above the nearest competitor's product. He was also impressed by the heat resistance required to stand up to 300+ hp propane turbo punishment - a feature no other company offers, and conditions no other bushing will withstand.

Mr. Story was also gracious enough to ask some of his film co-stars to test our product as well. It seems that the general consensus from all of the fellas is hands down POSITIVE! (after a few handlebar adjustments ;))

OFT Racing wishes to extend a special thank you to all of the "movie riders" that have ridden and tested our products, even during the gruelling spring months of film production...

...we appreciate your support, and LUUUUUVVVV yer movies! Keep 'em coming!

Thanks again,
Jeff & Scott
OFT Racing

Last edited:
M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
ditto the great quality!!! Here is mine...lots being taken off the sled, and redone this year, so pardon the mess of cables etc. etc.The steering is noticeably smoother to turn...could easily tell the difference with the Oilite bushings...

IMG_4171Medium.jpg

IMG_4172Medium.jpg

IMG_4173Medium.jpg

IMG_4174Medium.jpg

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
nice stuff moto man you guys ship fast to canada i still need some wheels & a riser, when will you guys have your risers for sale?i love the orange wheels on your phazer are they ano or powdercoated.:beer;:beer;

Premium Features