• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forward Mount Post on a M Series

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Has anyone else done this yet.

I know of a couple of guys that have moved their post forward of the steering hoop just like we used to on the old 1M's. I guess all you have to do is relocate the attachment point for the upper steering arm a little higher by cutting off the bottom half and welding it back on on top of the upper half, so the steering rod is now 1" higher up the post to clear the pipe. Then move the post mount to the front of the hoop, readjust the length of the rod and your good to go.

If anyone else has done this please give your feedback on how you liked it.

W

wildchild

Jul 4, 2001
lumby
I been working with one with the M sled .

The tie rod is under the pipe you wouldn't have to relocate it just shorten it.

If you relocate the steering stem to infront of the hoop the bottom of the post hits the spark plug boot on the dual plug heads.

You need to relocate the bottom of the post and install longer bolts through the tank.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Your right, It was a year ago that I talked to those guys and couldnt remember quite right. They were moving the mount point for the tie rod on the post up a bit so it would clear the plug, not the pipe like I stated on my orginal post. I know they had it done and did not have to modify the bottom mount just where the tie rod hooks to the post.

Premium Features