• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Should I consider new exhaust headers for my Nytro?

T

twincam88

Oct 10, 2009
yorkton sask
back to the original question....i have an excell header/pipe and it works fine not to loud just a nice growl. i am now going undertunnel though just because i can haul fuel then(the excell muffler comes out the middle and has no where to put a turn out on). hauk makes a great header as well but their pipes are loud imo. i suggest undertunnel if your going to change.

p.s. let the women ride an apex

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Thanks for the comment on the excell header.
I need to compile of list of just who makes what, and what the claimed results of each are.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
trail riders?? ya for now until they venture off a little here and there then you'll be looking for something else again. You have to think
further out into the future. I agree they wont even know its a 2 stroke.....get one to try before you buy!
I wish you were right.
But just getting my wife ON the trail is a major accomplishment.
She just has no interest at all in venturing out.

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
I put an excell vector header on my nytro this year with undertunnel exhaust. I loved the undertunnel but i didn't feel any more power from it. I wouldn't waste the money now. I think you should just put the exhaust on for now and save up for some boost!

As far as the wife's sled. Like everyone else is saying go for the 600 etec. My brother has one and it gets better mileage than the short track nytro i rode here in Minnesota as well as my dads Attack. The oil mileage is also incredible. If you didn't know any better you would think it is a four stroke by the sound and smell. There is almost no smell to it and it is like a feather going down the trail compared to a four stroke. The power steering is just a band-aid for a heavy sled. It may be nice to steer but if it is ever stuck you will HATE it. My wife rode my brothers 600 etec in wyoming and loved it!!! She is only 5 ft. tall and 120 lbs. and she had no troubles steering it. They are the best sled for a smaller person. Thats my .02

Thanks,
Tyler

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]FX NYTRO HI FLO HEADER[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
Symb075c00b700f0ffffff00.png
Stainless Steel 304
[/FONT]
TIG Welded
[/FONT]
Stepped Header tubes
[/FONT]
Large HI FLO Merge collector
[/FONT]
2 inch mid pipe "1 3/4 inch Stock"
[/FONT]
For use only with Stock Muffler
[/FONT]
Gain 6HP and 400 RPM's with Stock DB Levels
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]$499.95
[/FONT]http://www.excellmotorsports.com/
17d739eb0.jpg
17d9bcec0.jpg

[/FONT]​

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Chris,

If you haven't swapped out the stock Maverick, a new track will gain you more performance than the headers will. You can also pick up a track for less than you'd spend on a header. I think I paid 400 for my powerclaw and it hasn't let me down yet.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So I have only been able to find THREE headers out there as possible candidates for a "possible" upgrade.

Hauck Power
Aaen Performance
Excell Motorsports

And none of them appear to be substantially different than the other?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

3110000.jpg

<center><b><big></big></b>
<hr><center><table style="text-align: left; width: 400px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top;">Part #: 3110000
</td> <td style="vertical-align: top;">Make: Yamaha
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" style="vertical-align: top;">Year: 2008-2010
Model: Nytro (All Models)
</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top;">Version: Standard
</td> <td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table></center></center>
MBRPinc Performance Exhaust now offers front pipes for both Yamaha Nytro and Apex sleds. Gain more power and improved throttle response with this direct replacement header. Each unit is constructed using only T-304 stainless steel and features mandrel bent tubing, smooth transition 3 into 1 collector and larger than factory tubing ensuring a higher rate of exhaust flow. Fits on to stock muffler to maintain stock decibel level and still gain performance.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So now we have FIVE headers out there as possible candidates for a "possible" upgrade.

Hauck Power
Aaen Performance
Excell Motorsports

Ulmer Racing
MBRP

And still none of them appear to be substantially different than the other?

Premium Features