• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Are you running anti stab wheels on your turbo ?

Are you running anti stab wheels on your turbo yamamha ?

• yes

Votes: 104 58.4%
  • no

Votes: 74 41.6%

• Total voters

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
I have cr racing rails anyone else with these rails with timber sled skid?
I have stabbed a track before at high speeds over 120 mph not fun at all.:eek:then:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer; made the pain less

Last edited:
J
Dec 7, 2007
Kinuso, AB.
I am running Timbersled with the ice age rails. I have about a season and half on the stuff I saw some definate wear on the end caps and the start of the sliders. I think an antistab kit might be a good idea.

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
I run them on my Nytro...Timbersled/Ice Age skid.

$80 for an anti-stab.....$800 for a new track.....seems like a no-brainer to me.

R
Dec 5, 2007
www.snowandmud.com
I run M10, don't seem to see those issues with that, just timbersled. Ive heard the attack angle is different. We were riding Jim from Thunderstruck when he just got his nytro and the track stabbed the track on the trail, luckally the sled was able to come to a stop with out any issues.

R

richyrich

Nov 26, 2007
Mt Baker
I have them on my m-10 for sure. A few years ago I watched a friend stick the track. It cost him 2 ribs. Cheap insurance if ya ask me.

E

Last edited:
M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
yeah, I have several buddies who chose to not run them...it was a HIGH percentage who didnt run who stabbed their tracks...and NONE of the ones with teh $60-$80 snti Stab kits had an issue...

I did my kit right at the tip, and NO issues...

had it on my Rev too, when I ported my track...VERY cheap insurance!!!

B

b_sandgren

Dec 24, 2008
What brand did you guys go with. I have hear wahl or BDX but bdx seems to be cat only

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
yeah, I have several buddies who chose to not run them...it was a HIGH percentage who didnt run who stabbed their tracks...and NONE of the ones with teh $60-$80 snti Stab kits had an issue...

I did my kit right at the tip, and NO issues...

had it on my Rev too, when I ported my track...VERY cheap insurance!!!

Are you still running your end caps? Do you have pics of your set up?

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Are you still running your end caps? Do you have pics of your set up?

Yep, I sure do...you can see the wear on the end caps (from before I put the anti-stab on, and the cut in the bumper is from blowing a valve stem off my shock before I turned it around...)

IMG_0127Medium.jpg

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
I cant remember...there is not much difference in them...some people prefer three wheel ones...some prefer two...I prefered the one they had in stock versus waiting :)

S

summitguy

Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon, SK
I run an anti-stab kit on Timbersled with Ice Age rails - modified the end caps and run the kit real close to the tip. Cheap insurance IMO...

Chad at CR racing put my kit together.

S

seano700

Dec 10, 2007
Peace River, Ab
Anti-stab on ice age rails

Wish I could lay claim to this nifty rig, but all I did was tighten the bolts!! Big thanks to Mr. Fusion and Zal here on snowest for hooking me up. Your the best! Sean

P1020343.JPG P1020345.JPG

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
Ttt

Not to mention that usually when it stabs the track it strips the drivers too. You don't really need them until you wish you would of just had them 

Premium Features