• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best motor for swap

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
Hey guys. I'm looking for a new build for summer. I've had this idea for awhile now to put a RX1/Apex or Vector/Nytro motor in a crashed REV chassis I have. I seen a guy in the past do it with the 4cyl. It looked like the 3cyl would fit a bit better, but the Vector is alot harder to find and the Nytro is alot more money.

I'm not too familiar with the differences between these motors other than the Carb vs EFI and one is clutch gear reduced the other isn't.

Which would you pick and why? Boosted of course....lol.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
i would go with the nytro motor they do better & easier for boost application efi makes tuning easy & the nytro spools faster diff cams & crank.the apex motor has more & smoother power but i find the nytro motor power great.i had a tvec for 5 years too.

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
Does the Apex motor make more topend power? I see Impulse has a conversion kit for the Nytro... that's all I can come up with.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Does the Apex motor make more topend power? I see Impulse has a conversion kit for the Nytro... that's all I can come up with.

yes apex motor makes more top end ,nytro faster off the line.yes thats for making the nypexs.guys that have done the doos have done all the work themselves no kit is available,all dyi.

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
Any idea what the weight difference is between the 3cyl and 4cyl?

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

Premium Features