• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Rear Suspension for s/c nytro

Nytroboost

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
What kind of riding mountains flat etc... I run the racers edge skid and couldn't be happier. Great quality works awesome. And the best customer service IMO.

Nytroboost

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
Ya the racers is good for chutes and boondocken they have magnetic blocks to adjust when suspension couples. You wanna boon dock take the block out wanna climb a shoot put the block in. They have all sizes of blocks for adjustment takes less then 5 seconds. Really!!

Nytroboost

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
Use mountian mod website to see there product. I beleive that racers is under construction.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Sledhugger

It all depends on what type or rding you do personally. Every kit out there has good points and bad. PM Christopher on here he runs one of those fancy air thingies and seems to be happy with KMOD. I have heard nothing works quite like the CR M10 if you want to run the huge chuttes in BC. KMOD is very impressive with his new shock package. Allen with TS is right up there as well with proven stuff that works. Here is a link to an interesting comparison between Allen's (TS) kit and Kevin's (KMOD) kit
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315557 with some good information. I am sure whichever one you choose it will be levels above the stock suspension under boost. good luck.

Here is the link to Christophers poll on suspensions to the Nytro

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271886

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
Suspension

I have run a handful of different suspensions and tested a lot. The M-10 or CR/M-10 are amazing in the steep and deep. The M-10 has been known for its ride quality for over a decade. It is expensive but I believe it is worth the $$$.

Timbersled, Mountain Addiction, Holtz etc all have good suspensions. They all have good points whether is is ride or boondocking or hill climbing. It comes down to the individual and riding style and how much you want to spend. M-10 has been around a very long time and their tech has been used by a few of the manufacturers. They are proven. They work.

JMO...

Happy Trails!!!!

Mtn. Muncher

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
1 thing you mite also cunsider is the total weight savings. This too is a big Benefit when tree riding.

Last edited:
S

SylvanLaker

Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB. Canada
EZ Ryde is terrible! unless you like rebuilding skids all the time and don't have much power. If you set them stiff for the climb they are terrible on the trails.

I like and promote. M-10, Racers, Timbersled, I know others are good but thats what i work with.. Just hate the EZ Ryde..

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
I don't care who you are...

EZ Ryde is terrible! unless you like rebuilding skids all the time and don't have much power. If you set them stiff for the climb they are terrible on the trails.

I like and promote. M-10, Racers, Timbersled, I know others are good but thats what i work with.. Just hate the EZ Ryde..

...that was funny!! ...albeit, ..I tend to agree...

My vote goes for the Racer Edge rear suspension complete pkg.

This question has been asked so many times, ....this is the Yamaha forum, put a reputable skid under there and you will be forever Happy!!! No light weight flimsy stuff, ..won't take the power or the intended usage.

IMO

S

SylvanLaker

Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB. Canada
For what I do I like my old M10, I just hate how heavy it is.. I might try a timber sled in the future as they ride nice and are OK on climbs. Been seriously thinking of building my own skid though, it would be a fun project.. Anyone done it??

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
For what I do I like my old M10, I just hate how heavy it is.. I might try a timber sled in the future as they ride nice and are OK on climbs. Been seriously thinking of building my own skid though, it would be a fun project.. Anyone done it??

i used a ac m skid & put a baker kit on it, light & rides just like a m-10:face-icon-small-hap

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Had a Kmod in my supercharger and have a Kmod in my turbo. They work awesome. Had an EZ ryde in my 2008 Nytro and as stated, fixed it a bunch. Worked real good through the big holes, but the Kmod has the adjustability that you are going to want.

Premium Features