• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Heavy front end and noticeable sag G5 Turbo Expert 154

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
No sir. Turning is fine. I find the nose likes to "dive" when on hard pack-ish goat paths out of the riding areas. I'll have to do some more trial and error with regards to suspension setup I guess. I did read that folks are stiffening up the front shocks on the low speed compression.

Interesting, Your torsion bar links are on?
I will compare my sled to my brothers stock G5 and see. He has the stock suspension still but is no stranger to shock revalves.

I have the 90lb front springs on mine set on 2.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Interesting, Your torsion bar links are on?
I will compare my sled to my brothers stock G5 and see. He has the stock suspension still but is no stranger to shock revalves.

I have the 90lb front springs on mine set on 2.

Yes, still on. Do you know what the stock front spring rate is?

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Yes, still on. Do you know what the stock front spring rate is?

I’m trying to remember and don’t want to steer you wrong but I think stock were 80lb. Mine are on three not two like I originally posted.
I don’t have my original slings to check the P/n, If you have it my race book may show the spring rate.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I put 60miles on mine today. The front end feels very light, I wonder if you limiter strap is on precision under the sled.?
I definitely love the revalve over a stock sled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F
Nov 18, 2011
North west territory
No sir. Turning is fine. I find the nose likes to "dive" when on hard pack-ish goat paths out of the riding areas. I'll have to do some more trial and error with regards to suspension setup I guess. I did read that folks are stiffening up the front shocks on the low speed compression.
The front shocks are what’s causing this mine was the same with stock shocks , front springs are soft I think they are 70 lbs a dual rate spring would help or do what caper did .a good re valve stiffer springs or a good replacement shock . I feel my 21 expert had a way better shock package than this 23 did

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
tighten up frontend shocks. loosen up the front track shock till it’s almost loose. Then ride it in agile mode. I have 17 days on 23 expert turbo 165. These changes made mine a weapon.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I finally had some time to get in the shop and had a look at this thing. I took it for a ride around home and could notice the diving of the nose, as if the shocks were too soft. I bumped the springs up to 4 and it seems to be getting better. I left the strap on "agile" for now. I initially thought the limiter was installed incorrectly but after driving it, it cycled into the correct position.

Last edited:

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I owe you guys who have replied a thank you. I set the sled up as follows:

Front shocks @ 4.5ish
Center shock around 1/2 way
Rear springs on 5
Limiter strap full loose

The sled has been transformed into an absolute weapon and after yesterdays over the hood pow, it's now out of break in.

Thanks everyone.

D

Daner1978

Nov 26, 2022
Cottonwood Heights Utah
I've spent 4-5 days on my G5 and have come to really like the predictability of the sled so far without the tmotion but the heavy front end feeling is holding back my riding. I didn't have this issue on my 22.

I'm 185lbs + gear.

Front springs on "3"
Center spring 3/4 of the way tight
Limiter strap adjuster is on "precision" (strap length is stock)
Rear torsion springs on "3"
Rear shock on "medium"

I moved the limiter strap to "agile" and while the sled rides noticeably better and has less sag, I can't keep the front end down. I have confirmed that the limiter system is installed correctly and the suspension arms are not upside down as discovered in other TSBs.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? What are my options?
I recommend getting Tom’s torsion spring delete kit for the rear. Those damn torsion springs are no good. I went with the kit on my 2022 Freeride 154” And what a world of difference. No more frozen saggy torsion springs. And also way more adjustability with Fox air shocks

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I recommend getting Tom’s torsion spring delete kit for the rear. Those damn torsion springs are no good. I went with the kit on my 2022 Freeride 154” And what a world of difference. No more frozen saggy torsion springs. And also way more adjustability with Fox air shocks

Torsion springs are not the source of the sag.

A
Jan 4, 2015
Canada
The front shocks are what’s causing this mine was the same with stock shocks , front springs are soft I think they are 70 lbs a dual rate spring would help or do what caper did .a good re valve stiffer springs or a good replacement shock . I feel my 21 expert had a way better shock package than this 23 did
But they are pretty similair except expert 23 has stiffer springs that 21.

Premium Features