• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iceage ELEVATE kit - interesting!!!

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
How is the install on it? Is there pre determined holes in the front of the tunnel that just need to be drilled out? I looked for instructions online but couldn’t find any. Likely pulling the trigger on one this week

The holes in the front tunnel mount are there from the inside. Rear skid is the lower mount.

Shane23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
And I thought $1700 for rails and spindles was high. $1000 for spindles! The one thing I don't like about my Alpha is how low it sits, But I don't think I can justify $1000 for spindles to change that. It seems like this mod would be on every cat if the price was just a bit lower. I get that R&D costs money. But when you see other reputable companies selling Polaris billet spindles for $400, its hard to fork out more than double. I'm not bashing Iceage. I get that our sport isn't cheap. I'm just trying to understand the cost.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
And I thought $1700 for rails and spindles was high. $1000 for spindles! The one thing I don't like about my Alpha is how low it sits, But I don't think I can justify $1000 for spindles to change that. It seems like this mod would be on every cat if the price was just a bit lower. I get that R&D costs money. But when you see other reputable companies selling Polaris billet spindles for $400, its hard to fork out more than double. I'm not bashing Iceage. I get that our sport isn't cheap. I'm just trying to understand the cost.

Yep and unfortunately soon you will see other companies come in and drive the price down by copying the work that IceAge has put in developing the parts. If the price had been a little more reasonable to start with then everyone would have jumped on board and there wouldn't be nearly as much market share for a competitor to come after.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
But when you see other reputable companies selling Polaris billet spindles for $400, its hard to fork out more than double.

The Elevate spindle is over double the height of an Axys spindle. More then double the material, over double the machine time gets you to where we are now.

For those interested in the kits for the Alpha, they are ready to go right now!

http://www.iceageperformance.com/elevate/alpha.html

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Is there a laffer curve somewhere that shows maximum return for ideal price? :face-icon-small-hap

I'm in the boat with shane that if these were a little cheaper, they'd be on my sled. Smaller margins but greater volume? Could that be a thing?

I don't think anyone expects $400 but $700? I and a riding buddy would definitely buy that.

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to run their business because I know squat about machine time billing.......but I do agree, pretty much every cat owner would buy these if they were a little cheaper.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Kits are rockin' on both the twin rail and the Alpha. We have been shipping Alpha kits for a few weeks and guys are stoked on the performance!!!

R
Feb 26, 2008
Concerning the pricing, no ones even mentioned that based on the alpha elevate kit they've been charging $700 for $500 worth of rails.

I could have sold several dozen of these if the price was more reasonable.

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
i'd be all over it...but i can't stomach the price tag. (not criticizing ice-ages price at all, that's their prerogative). only so many mods i can do that price puts it down the priority list for me. lol. :)

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Agreed. Seems like they priced themselves out of my and others budget. I know there is waaaaaaayyyy more involved in a belt drive as far as parts and design and they are less then the elevated spindles? Maybe I’m way off base here but
Base

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
Hell I’ll criticize the price, it’s too much .... period. Especially up in Canada, there’s just no way. If it’s the manufacturing process that drives the cost up then find a different way to slice bread. Knock the cost down then it will sell more. There’s always gonna be guys out there with endless bank accounts that will buy this up and right away I imagine, but can’t help but think they would sell way more if the price was right. Of course this is just an opinion, they run an aftermarket fab company and make nice stuff, and I’m just a guy up in the sticks lol.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I want it but can't justify the cost either.
For $600 i put a whole new 36" front suspension on my 14.....

tapatio...

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
i'd be all over it...but i can't stomach the price tag. (not criticizing ice-ages price at all, that's their prerogative). only so many mods i can do that price puts it down the priority list for me. lol. :)

That mod will do more for you than adding 10 horsepower with a pipe or even losing 20 pounds.

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
That is yet to be determined. Not saying your wrong at all and I hope your right but I’m not going to shell out 1g for a over priced set of spindles. I could see if it were a complete front end kit but to rich for my blood. I’m guessing we will see something similar for less in the near future

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
That mod will do more for you than adding 10 horsepower with a pipe or even losing 20 pounds.

probably right. problem is i'm not spending $1075 to find out. haha. agree with the concept and fixing the weakness with ascender (low front end and center of grav) and totally see it making it more like an axys. I've owned both sleds and this would probably be my biggest gripe about the cat...it sits/rides too low up front mainly and somewhat all throughout the sled. Just wish it wasn't a grand to fix. i'll suffer thru another year and see what comes out next year. :)

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
MAYBE...We could get a Snowest group buy? Or maybe Iceage would be willing to give Snowest members a discount? (Iceage if youre listening...):juggle:

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Discount.

MAYBE...We could get a Snowest group buy? Or maybe Iceage would be willing to give Snowest members a discount? (Iceage if youre listening...):juggle:

Here's a good idea!!
Maybe they'll give us a discount or a group buy over summer??

I'd love to have this kit because I'm sure It'll work very well.

The Aplha Elevate kit is $1445 Canadian plus shipping, border duty/hassles and taxes.
I love what Iceage does (I've bought there rails for years) but this is more than I can spend!!

Premium Features