• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2" Track / 8 Tooth Drivers / Clearance?

S
Feb 14, 2012
Getting close to reassembly of my 2000 ZRT Long track project and have a clearance question. I will be using 8 tooth 2.52 pitch drivers and I have a 144"x2"x15" paddle track that I want to install. I plan to mount the rear skid in the lowest position and drop the front location at least one hole or what ever it takes to get the skid true to the world. I'm wondering if I will need to notch the track for the tunnel coolers or with the combination of lowering the skid and using the 8 tooth drivers if I'll have enough clearance? I have researched this for hours and have seen posts going both ways, can anybody tell me for sure if this will work or if I need to notch my track. I would like to start reassembly this weekend and if I can get rid of some of the trial and error I would certainly appriciate it.

Also, if anybody can recommend a good Anti-Stab Kit for a ZR style rail tip I need to get one on order today or tomarrow.

Thanks for any help

S
Feb 14, 2012
Basically what your saying is I need to notch 1/2 inch out of the lugs as the track I took off was a 1.5" with slight notches. and cleared fine.

S
Feb 14, 2012
After installing the track, drivers, assembling the chain case, and stuffing the skid into place, I defiantly have to notch the track. A guy could probably get away with a 1.75" but a full 2" lug track will rub the tunnel heat exchangers above the drivers. It's pretty close with the 8 tooth drivers, I'd assume 7 tooth drivers would make enough room but it would probable be tight and would cause a few other problems. I mocked every thing up tonight and have to say its gonna be bad a$$!

Any recomendations on the best tools or methods to notch the track?

Premium Features