• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'13 not revving over 7600 rpms

P

pj8556

Jan 11, 2008
God's country
went out riding and testing on my '13 the other day, and the thing didnt want to rev over 7500-7700. occassionally it would spool up to 8100 and would work ok for a few WOT blasts, then a few minutes later it would top out at 7500-7700 rpms and you could hear the difference in the motor, almost as if the Exhaust valves werent opening (but I thought they were supposed to be doing that sooner, like 6500 rpms) no lights, sled ran fine other than that, sputtered and popped once on two different occassions at WOT @7700 rpms. Thought I'd cleaning EV when I got home but.....

.....when I got it home I noticed the EGT sensor was loose, still in the pipe but very loose about to fall out. holding off on the EVs til I get the break in oil ran through. hoping the EGT was the problem but havent had a chance to run it again. any other ideas?

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
Had a buddies sled do that last year. It was the exhaust valves, took it to the dealer and was fixed under warantee. I can't remember If it was a bad siloniod or bellows or what though.

J

joshua335

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary, AB
Had a buddies sled do that last year. It was the exhaust valves, took it to the dealer and was fixed under warantee. I can't remember If it was a bad siloniod or bellows or what though.

Curious what he replaced as well. I'm having some similar issues on my 2012 except I get 7600 rpm tops and no more. I noticed my powervalve gasket is leaking a bit so could be that.

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
.....when I got it home I noticed the EGT sensor was loose, still in the pipe but very loose about to fall out. holding off on the EVs til I get the break in oil ran through. hoping the EGT was the problem but havent had a chance to run it again. any other ideas?

i had this issue with an 09 600. the sensor came loose and was the problem.

Edit:
i guess this wasn't a good enough answer for someone, but it will cause the symptoms listed above. i realize there are other issues that can cause the same symptoms but this is one that proved to be a fix when i saw them develop. rpm's would top out between 6k-7k when running at 11,000 feet.

check:
clutches, voltage regulator, ecu, fuel quality and compression for starters.

Last edited:
W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Have you checked your fuel plug? Mine did that when it was on the premium plug and I didn't have the right fuel in it on my dragon.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
Curious what he replaced as well. I'm having some similar issues on my 2012 except I get 7600 rpm tops and no more. I noticed my powervalve gasket is leaking a bit so could be that.
Maybe he'll chime in here. It was ak800ve's sled.

Edit: talked to him and the siloniod wasn't allowing the valves to open at all.

Last edited:
Premium Features