• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Premium memberships

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
First off, I would like to give a sincere thanks to those of you who have already made the choice to stick around, it means a lot to me personally and I am sure it also does to the rest of your 900 forum brothers:face-icon-small-coo:beer; All of you have made this forum the resounding success that is is today and I am proud to be a part of it.:)

Now with that said, I know that there are a few of you who have expressed that you are not willing to pay for the premium membership for whatever reason you may have, and it is understandable.

Getting down to the meat and potatoes of the matter, I have been granted permission to give a few free premium memberships out for the 900 section (every forum section will be granted at least 1 free premium upgrade).

To make this fun, I would like to hold a couple of contests to let you guys have a say in who you guys would like to see given the upgrade, but to be honest, after a few days thought, I just don't know what to do, so I'm looking for suggestions.

What do you think; craziest thing you have done on a sled (900 of course;)), funniest, most times rebuilding your top end, most weight you have taken off, most time you have spent on the 900 forum, most valuable you feel a person has been to the 900 section (basically a popularity vote)... any other contest ideas.... you tell me.

I want to make this a fun way to say thank you and maybe we can all get a few laughs out of it at the same time.

So, ideas for how we should go about this? I leave it in your hands how we should proceed.

I think the only rule for this is that of course it has to remain appropriate;):beer;

(This could get interesting):face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Just give it to Dogmeat... his 900 saga is the saddest of all.

You could give me one so I can keep complaining about them. :)

sled_guy

B

Bruso

Jan 4, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Maybe some random drawing for the quiet people who never reply or post on the forum but now have to pay to continue to monitor their favorite threads :) Just a thought ... like most of the riders I can scratch up some $$ to do the things I like doing. :face-icon-small-coo

B

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
I would also like to thank those of you 900 people that are going to stay, i've had tons of help here from many of you and im glad to be apart of it, THANKS to you all and i hope you stick around so we can all help each other out! Thanks 94fordguy for the post!

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I vote for BIGGDAWG but I agree dogmeat could use a break where the 900 is concerned:face-icon-small-hap

GUIDO ALREADY PAID ( SUCK UP:face-icon-small-coo )OR I'D SAY HIM TOO

AND iF ANYONE SHOULD GET THE FREE RIDE AROUND HERE IT BETTER BE

MOUNTAINHORSE

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
I would also like to thank those of you 900 people that are going to stay, i've had tons of help here from many of you and im glad to be apart of it, THANKS to you all and i hope you stick around so we can all help each other out! Thanks 94fordguy for the post!

I agree...I feel I owe just as much back to peeps as I have taken and I have got great information over the years.

*edit, I would love to get the free one but am afraid it would come with a load of ridicule.:)

Last edited:

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Nice offer for someone, just please do not cave and give it to someone that's just spent the last month whining about the forums, and the cost,and the principle, etc., etc., etc. I get all that but c'mon, I've got more than my $10 a year here in help that has saved my A*S many times and it's well worth it.
There is NO resource anywhere I know of that has the value of Snowest. I've contributed to many threads as well and no, I do not expect any compensation for it. Give unto others as you would .......remember that deal?
I'm tired of sorting thru the threads with all the moaners. If you want to leave, leave.
Give it to someone that truly deserves it.....my vote Mountainhorse.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I vote for BIGGDAWG but I agree dogmeat could use a break where the 900 is concerned:face-icon-small-hap

MOUNTAINHORSE

Yes Guido already paid:face-icon-small-coo Thanks Sean:beer; as Has Mountainhorse:face-icon-small-coo Thanks MH :beer;

Mountainhorse was one of the first to pay his way when the time came, he fully supports the SW forums and is not planning on going anywhere. Many of the other mods and users including myself feel the same way and have already made their commitment. :beer;

Last edited:

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Seth if you actalluy paid than your dumber than I thought:face-icon-small-hap ! Your a mod for fawk sake! and MH what a crock give him his money back! Thats the point! take care of those that take care of you! I have no problem if you dont pay you earn it putting up with my chit!

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada

MOUNTAINHORSE
x2 on every word, MOUNTAINHORSE should get paid to mod!

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Seth if you actalluy paid than your dumber than I thought:face-icon-small-hap ! Your a mod for fawk sake! and MH what a crock give him his money back! Thats the point! take care of those that take care of you! I have no problem if you dont pay you earn it putting up with my chit!

hahaha, for that every one of us was given the full paid for free as a thanks from SW.... many of us paid because we didn't feel it would be right to get a free ride when others are complaining about having to pay their way.

hahaha, ya, your a real chit disturber there Kreg... I mean come on man:face-icon-small-sho;):face-icon-small-hap:beer;:beer;

Worst stuck 900 pic contest would be cool, and fun:face-icon-small-hap

That's a good one.... I'm sure there would be a few laughs to be had there.... :face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-hap

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
WOW, the contest on who has the most info would be really hard to pick. I have learned TONS of info from everyone on here specially Mountainhorse, Guido, Polizhunter, BIGGDAWG ,94fordguy and many other people.

This year the my 900 has not had very good luck but without these guys it would still be sitting in the shop. (O wait it is in the shop again waiting for parts) :(

I kind of like the 900 stuck idea. Put a pole up on what picture looks to be the most "stuck".

Can't wait for the 900 ride next year !

Last edited:

jokerman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Wy.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

JUST WANT TO SAY THANKS TOO ALL ON THIS FORUM,FOR THE HELP AND INSITE THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN TO KEEP MY SLED ALIVE..LOL..I'M NOW BROKE$$$$ BUT HAVE AN AWSUM TRACTOR

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
HAHA...this is going to be an interesting, exciting thread hahaha...

OK...so...i VOTE either BIGGDAWG or POLZINHUNTER...

or we can go from stupid wrecks, or stupid things that have been done, and I WILL WIN THAT FOR SURE... ;)

But..seriously...if POLZINHUNTER doesnt get it for his outstanding products and for being such a great assest and friend.. I WILL PAY FOR HIS 3YRS from my own pocket...seriously :face-icon-small-coo

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
HAHA...this is going to be an interesting, exciting thread hahaha...

OK...so...i VOTE either BIGGDAWG or POLZINHUNTER...

or we can go from stupid wrecks, or stupid things that have been done, and I WILL WIN THAT FOR SURE... ;)

But..seriously...if POLZINHUNTER doesnt get it for his outstanding products and for being such a great assest and friend.. I WILL PAY FOR HIS 3YRS from my own pocket...seriously :face-icon-small-coo

Definitely a couple of good votes there, they have both contributed TONS to this forum.:beer;:beer;

Well you guys tell me, like I said, I'm open to whatever you guys want to do... I was thinking a contest of some sort would be fun, but it we want to do a popularity vote I'm fine with that too...

totally up to you guys... I'm just standing back for a bit to see what the ideas are before proceeding, I like giving you guys a voice on as much stuff as I can and this is one of those times.:face-icon-small-hap:beer;

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
BIGDAWG or POLZIN or both if you can Seth.

On a side note...It would be great if SW would commit to a free premium membership once per month through a contest of some sort. Although even this might be difficult with the limitations that free members have as of now.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
There are too many deserving people for just one or two to be given out on a popularity contest. Any one of the people mentioned would be well deserving. There are many people that have contributed alot of info on the 900, that many of the late comers have no idea about. If it were me, I would doo one of two things, cause I'd smoke ya guys on the best stuck pics, LOL...and we all know how well I'm liked around here...

Refund Super Dave 3 and Mountainhorse their already paid dues. OR...

Throw everybodys name in a hat and draw name/s.

Dogmeat would be very deserving giving his agony, there's just too many for me too pick it on a popularity vote without forgetting someone and thus disrespecting their value to the forum.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
There are too many deserving people for just one or two to be given out on a popularity contest. Any one of the people mentioned would be well deserving. There are many people that have contributed alot of info on the 900, that many of the late comers have no idea about. If it were me, I would doo one of two things, cause I'd smoke ya guys on the best stuck pics, LOL...and we all know how well I'm liked around here...

Refund Super Dave 3 and Mountainhorse their already paid dues. OR...

Throw everybodys name in a hat and draw name/s.

Dogmeat would be very deserving giving his agony, there's just too many for me too pick it on a popularity vote without forgetting someone and thus disrespecting their value to the forum.

Very good points there Dave, definitely lots of helpful people around here that are deserving, thats for sure.:face-icon-small-hap:beer;

H
Jan 9, 2008
Woodland, WA
Here's an idea, why don't you give every person that's made a positive contribution to this forum a free premium membership? We've all given free help, return the favor.

And I'd like to say thanks to each and every one you who have provided this free help to me or anyone else here. It's unfortunate that someone has decided to charge for our generousity but it is what it is.

Sorry to be the downer of your thread here Seth, but this "beg the mod for a free subscription" is ridiculous.

Premium Features