• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

yet ANOTHER m7 Bog....

I

insomniac62

Nov 19, 2010
Aberdeen, SD
First of all, I apologize, there are SEVERAL threads related to this issue...
I have searched myself and tried to follow others fixes to this issue...

Problem: Sled BOG's at 6400 - 7200 RPM range. If it makes it out of this RPM range it almost rips my arms off...

When I first bought this sled it was in August ( yes, horrible mistake I know) First took it out, had this bog. Initially took the power valves out and cleaned them up. One was in backwards....overlooked when buying cause it was a such a "good deal" and I wanted a sled for my wife before the snow flew that year...

Anyways...Powervalve in backwards, scuffed the piston rings but still held good compression. Power valve seemed free (when out of the sled) but when bolted in place it was bent enough to where it wedged itself in place. One bent, neither powervalves would open, VOILA, new powervalve, gotta be the problem...NOPE

Things I have tried:

Tail light wiring - OK
Hand/Thumb warmers - OK (all currently unhooked)
New Plugs
Ground behind coolant bottle - OK
Motor mounts - OK (replaced one)
Torque stop - Slightly worn but ok
Clean PV's
PV cables EXACTLY 34.5mm or 1.35" (checked with Dial Caliper)
Secondary spring - Checked Rollers when replacing spring - OK
New Belt
87 Oct fuel(NON ETHANOL) - fresh
Weights are all the same, Centered, and all set screws accounted for
Ecu Connections all look good

Things YET to try:
ECU swap
Check Stator
Ignition Coil
Kill switch disconnect
Primary Spring
Clutch alignment ( best way? use the alignment tool?)
Plug wires
Swap Servo / Verify servo with sled on a stand

I have NO codes flash, and on a stand (No load, not holding brake) it will walk all over 7800 - 8000 rpm

Here is a link to a few short clips of the sled running, maybe hearing it someone can help me decide what next step to take.

Thanks to all in advance.

http://youtu.be/aTOc-ziyrmk

second part of the video the throttle is wide open, pitch of the motor changes but throttle position remains the same

M
Mar 18, 2011
Manitoba
First of all, I apologize, there are SEVERAL threads related to this issue...
I have searched myself and tried to follow others fixes to this issue...

Problem: Sled BOG's at 6400 - 7200 RPM range. If it makes it out of this RPM range it almost rips my arms off...

When I first bought this sled it was in August ( yes, horrible mistake I know) First took it out, had this bog. Initially took the power valves out and cleaned them up. One was in backwards....overlooked when buying cause it was a such a "good deal" and I wanted a sled for my wife before the snow flew that year...

Anyways...Powervalve in backwards, scuffed the piston rings but still held good compression. Power valve seemed free (when out of the sled) but when bolted in place it was bent enough to where it wedged itself in place. One bent, neither powervalves would open, VOILA, new powervalve, gotta be the problem...NOPE

Things I have tried:

Tail light wiring - OK
Hand/Thumb warmers - OK (all currently unhooked)
New Plugs
Ground behind coolant bottle - OK
Motor mounts - OK (replaced one)
Torque stop - Slightly worn but ok
Clean PV's
PV cables EXACTLY 34.5mm or 1.35" (checked with Dial Caliper)
Secondary spring - Checked Rollers when replacing spring - OK
New Belt
87 Oct fuel(NON ETHANOL) - fresh
Weights are all the same, Centered, and all set screws accounted for
Ecu Connections all look good

Things YET to try:
ECU swap
Check Stator
Ignition Coil
Kill switch disconnect
Primary Spring
Clutch alignment ( best way? use the alignment tool?)
Plug wires
Swap Servo / Verify servo with sled on a stand

I have NO codes flash, and on a stand (No load, not holding brake) it will walk all over 7800 - 8000 rpm

Here is a link to a few short clips of the sled running, maybe hearing it someone can help me decide what next step to take.

Thanks to all in advance.

http://youtu.be/aTOc-ziyrmk

second part of the video the throttle is wide open, pitch of the motor changes but throttle position remains the same
That is exactly what my 700cf was doing. After trying everything i noticed 1 apv was full of exhaust goo past the seal. Pulled blade back out and seal was tore. I finally got both changed last weekend and BINGO! Rips lika S.O.B now.

Premium Features