• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

STILL boggin-kinda long- please help!! lol

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
so ive got a 2010 m8, it bogs between about 4000 to 4900, seems to be worse when coming off continuous throttle, like cruising down a trail, let off to go around corner and get back on it it will bog/almost die, but it will bog at random somtimes. it started doing this begining of last year after i installed slp pipe set, power comander v, and mds weights and speewerx spring, bdx oil injection delete. before installing this stuff i had bdx intake and slp silencer and there was no bog. this year i installed some boyesen rage cage reeds hoping to help. no luck. so here is my list of mods.
-slp pipe set
-pcv
-bdx intake
-mds weights/speedwerx spring/shift assist
-boyesen rage cage reeds
-oil delete

so ive got this bog, i had a racin station map loaded last year and told him my problem, he revised it and it was a little better, but still some bog, so i posted on here and got some ideas of what to look for. i removed tss, installed new grip heaters and wiring and switches, adjusted the exhaust valves. all with no luck.

last weekend first ride of the year- still bogs seems worse than i remember last year, rememeber i installed rage cage reeds over summer. so i say what the heck and load up an slp map for giggles. bog is terrible after riding today with slp map. so im going to load the racin station map back up but it was bogging last week just not as bad.

what am i missing? seems fuel related but the racin station map isnt adding much fuel? any ideas

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
and i dont know if it matters but my key has been replaced with a tether. could the tether be acting up?

Dec 17, 2007
Unplug power commander and with caution see how it runs. I know alot of guys at elevation running this setup with no programmer.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
adjust your belt deflection, its extremely critical to prevent engagement or just after engagement bogs....and make sure you have correct throttle sdjustment for proper free play on your flipper..approx 1/8

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
is the throttle adjustment for the tss because it is removed

that safety in the throttle block that you hear the faint click when ya play with the throttle that shuts the engine down if the throttle freezes..is that removed or bypassed..??

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
ill have to check and adjust when i get back to the cabin. i do know its probly been 300 miles or so since i messed with it, but im pretty sure the bog was there when the belt was new and adjusted.

T
Oct 9, 2009
Basalt, CO
My buddy put on the Slp set up on his 2010 M8 last year and we spent the entire year trying to figure out his bog was really bad around the same rpms that your describing. Try all sorts of things to fix it. The only thing we found was putting on a 2011 m8 ecu on and cured the entire issue. Luckily the dealer we work with was cool and able to pull some strings to get his ecu flashed to the 2011.

the gman

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2012
I was reading this hoping for the cure as I have the slp pipe and can and the ktx weights and have the same bog. Mine also will die sometimes after shutting it off and then restarting, it just dies like you turned the key off , then will restart. Problem is mine is a 2011. I have cut the TSS wire so I run a tether but was wondering if the computer is thinking the throttle is stuck so it shuts it down for a moment..????

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
Have you tried taking the SLP pipe off? You can the see if it is the PC and/or the pipe and go from there..

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I'm pretty sure its a mapping issue, if there is some way get the '11 mapping.

Is it a bog that throws you over the bars(hollow sound) or a slow gurgle then go. Whats the difference in the slp vs racinstation map, did he add or remove fuel.

One thing to do sometimes is relocate where the baro tube runs, (not likely but may help a little)

Check fuel pressure, if you wanted to you could put on a regulator and prob tune it out that way.

Sometimes wrapping the pipe will do it or restrict it a little more, (try stock can)

Just need to know if its dieing from being lean or rich more than anything. Maybe a little less octane depending on what rich or lean.

What oil are you running, if your running amzoil start there

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I would be tempted to add a large bolt to the end of the stinger or muffler to increase back pressure, I heard of quite a few '10's doing this with a can..
So either increase heat(wrap) or restrict it will increase pressure.

Premium Features