• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The hood is complete

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
You have to run the key switch as well, it will throw codes without it. We found this last year with the first installations of the bdx hoods. If you want you can splice air sensor into the factory wiring harness down by the ecu as well.

Last edited:

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
What I am pretty sure I am going to do is to solder the wires for the air sensor and extend them on both ends so that the disconnect clip is outside of the air shelf. Then mount the sensor into the airbox at the nose of the sled, run the wires along the edge of the hood and clip back together. Zip tie or aluminum tape out of the way. That's the current thought. I looked at how to re-engineer the air shelf, but it looks like the shelf needs the air from all of the drilled vents. So, cutting a slit and then plastic welding it back together, seems like the best option at this point. Mountain fit said drill a hole in the hood and run the wiring harness up thru the hole drilled into the hood but it seems that would be a large hole to get the plug thru. Next to check to see if the wiring harness is long enough. Hopefully! I really don't want to splice into the harness and lengthen all of the wires.

E
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane WA
You have to run the key switch as well, it will throw codes without it. We found this last year with the first installations of the bdx hoods. If you want you can splice air sensor into the factory wiring harness down by the ecu as well.

When will it start throwing codes cause I have ran it a few times for 4-5 minutes and haven't had anything come on???

M
May 12, 2012
Finland
Here's mine
221220132052.jpg

221220132046.jpg

rockymtnboy

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2010
gods country, bc

Unplugged the key with my bdx install. 4 rides on it now and no codes

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
On my 2013 last year I did the CPC headlight deleat and never used the key switch. I had somebody tell me this year that I needed to have my key hooked up or else it wouldn't run right. So I plugged the key into the harness and just tucked the switch in behind the windshield and I couldn't tell any difference. Maybe it might affect some sleds and not others. Or maybe that's telling you that you have something wrong in your wiring somewhere else on the sled?

S
Nov 20, 2010
mtn fit intake?

I have this hood with the intake shelf and vents they sell. The vents made it 5 minutes before they plugged up. Took the windshield off and helped. Put some arctic cat nose vents(the stick on ones)on and fixed the problem but they seem to leak snow and when you hit a bump or get vertical the snow in your hood will cause a bog. My hood weighs 10.2 lbs. Hood is great but the intake setup does not work, make your own intake and skip the shelf. The led light they sell works good. The hood also holds no snow where the stock one held snow in front of the headlight.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
How about doing a boondocker style filter out of the hood? Routed directly from the nose of the led and out of the hood?
Or doing something like the BDX have? Draw air from the front of the hood, the center part?

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
this is how i would run the intake. much easier install, no worry about vents plugging or rivet heads falling into the intake. mount the factory hood nose piece to the sled, install a block off plate on the factory intake piece with rivets and silicone, relocate air intake temp sensor to the top of the air box and drill a 4" hole in the top of the air box. install flex hose and silicone to the air box. where you want to run the filter to is up to you.
IMG_3300_zps1020cf62.jpg

IMG_3301_zpsd5f38cc8.jpg

IMG_3302_zps82535125.jpg

IMG_3303_zpse085264e.jpg

IMG_3305_zps1addad07.jpg

IMG_3307_zps5e9f6853.jpg

IMG_3306_zpsd1f7c76c.jpg

IMG_1886_zps26d6efba.jpg

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
bgraff...who makes that carbon fiber (looking or?) dash plate? Is that a whole nose section or just top piece? Is anyone using this piece, esp with top shelf piece for turbos? Anyone else come to the table with different intakes/noses and dash pieces other than Mountain Fit and the bdx nose piece for BD Turbo's????

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
How have these hoods been holding up? What's the fit and finish like? I got my sled almost perfect for me. Just looking to lighten it up a bit over the summer

S
Nov 20, 2010
Mine has held up great, smashed on trees and rolled over all the time, stronger than stock because it's all one piece. Fit isnt perfect but close enough for an aftermarket deal. I bought a blem hood so the standard one might fit better. Makes a major difference in handling with the can I put on with it.

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
bgraff...who makes that carbon fiber (looking or?) dash plate? Is that a whole nose section or just top piece? Is anyone using this piece, esp with top shelf piece for turbos? Anyone else come to the table with different intakes/noses and dash pieces other than Mountain Fit and the bdx nose piece for BD Turbo's????

its a complete C3 CF hood. didnt want to take away from the MTN fit hood post so i didnt post any other picts of the hood. if you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

E
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane WA
It uses the factory black piece that goes into the intake boot that goes to the throttle bodies. And has one of their light weight shelfs in it. Weight of hood with tach, vents, windshield, air intake and everything else to make it like for like with the stocker it's about a 11lb weight loss. My numbers could be off a little bit but feel confident in a solid 10 lbs.

Premium Features