• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

More M Series "Bolt On" Testing Results

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Been testing out a few more "goodies" on the M series sleds..

Been finding some very good products to "bolt on" that actually make a change for the better..

1) SkinZ Cans (Ultra Q and Super Q): These cans fit perfect and shed some needed weight.. No HP loss noticed.. Great can.

2) MODS Skis...(www.modsskis.com) BY far the best Ski out there for the M Series.. Tried several other skis and did not care for any of them.. These Skis seem to be taylor made for the M Series Sleds

3) Boyesen Rage Cage: These add a nice boost in throttle response... Very nice addition...

Kelsey

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
I second that with the Skinz can, one of the lightest cans probably out there for M1000. Had the Ultra Q on mine with the Speedwerx Y-pipe. Fit great as mentioned and looks great too. Great combo, the silencer weighs 7lbs when the stock one weighed 22lbs. Switched to the SLP single pipe setup and their silencer weighs 12lbs but you loose about 7lbs on the pipe. All Y-pipes seem to weigh 3lbs even stock to aftermarket. Factory pipe setup was 39.5lbs, SLP 24lbs, and Skinz silencer setup was 26lbs. I could loose more weight going to the Skinz silencer but I don't know how it'd work with the SLP pipe setup and don't like mix matching parts if I'm not sure of the performance without a EGT or A/F gauge.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
The super Q works great until you mate it up with a pipe. It is a very finicky can to tune when you have a single pipe in the mix. With the Y pipe only, porting, head mods etc. it works great, but throw a pipe and a fuel controller in the mix and it is a bit troublesome. Not that it can't be tuned. It is just harder to tune than most.

Premium Features