• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Some 2013 info to wet the tongue..

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Scott quote "This thread is the first one I've ever heard the term "trackshaft".

I've always heard jackshaft and driveshaft."

well the other owners of another new 2012 brand in another forum have discovered the term "shafted"...

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
Polaris, if you are reading this.....make it so that the gear ratio can be changed quickly. Maybe even have a top gear that is expandable and a quick release lever for the the tensioner? That would be the biggest benefit in my mind.

Heavy snow days (3' of mashed potatoes)=gear way down
Lighter snow days=gear it up a bit
Super light snow=gear it up 1 more for more track speed.

That would be a belt saver for sure.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
snowmobiler Quote.
"sounds good but ill guess $300 gears if you want to change ratio" Quote

i would be surprised if they would be that much...aftermarket could stamp them out fairly easy imo...like just look how easy it is for me to stay in this thread even though im a basic member..lol..

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
snowmobiler Quote.
"sounds good but ill guess $300 gears if you want to change ratio" Quote

i would be surprised if they would be that much...aftermarket could stamp them out fairly easy imo...like just look how easy it is for me to stay in this thread even though im a basic member..lol..
me thinks you will be on a poo pretty soon....see how easy that was...bwahahaha

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I was wondering the same thing. I guess there will be demo days in Seeley Lake in 1 to 2 weeks with the 13's there. So we should have some honest information soon.

REALLY?

Open to the public?

Usually it's not until after they are released to the public.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Let's keep this going...

I heard they are going to have a factory drop and roll, 2.5" Camo Extreme, belt drive geared for the mountains, 10 more HP, and a stronger rear bumper. Snow checks will have a 4 year warranty and Assault shocks or you get $750 in gaaaaay Polaris clothing. :face-icon-small-ton

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
The belt drive is a huge advantage. Just ask anyone who has broke a chain. Not a lot of fun when it takes the chaincase out. Sign me up for the belt drive...

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
What about the debris factor for the guys who bust alot of timber. I don't think the belt drives like anything getting between the belt and gears. Maybe they will have some kind of shield to prevent that. This new Pro sounds like I might have to try a Polaris next year. And I have been a Cat guy for a few years now.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
I am a registered Polaris website member or user and after I clicked on demo days I signed in and saw that they are doing 3 days of demo's. Feb. 9, 10, and 11. Three sessions each day and it looked like they all had room left.

I would go but I am going to be in West Yellowstone riding....if the my sled rebuilt by then.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
it isn't just the trees and debris. ice and snow would take out the belt just as quickly. it will be a HUGE mistake if polaris doesn't put a cover over it. there will be major failures if they try to "save weight" by not having a cover especially if they continue to leave huge holes in the foot wells that allow snow into the drive/exhaust area. if they do skip the cover the aftermarket guys will be very happy b/c they will be making lots of money selling cover kits. i'd be hesitant to ride it in any deep snow without a cover. a cover over the chaincase does at much to keep stuff out as it does to keep the oil in. if they put a cover over the belt i think it will work really well. heat should be a non issue b/c there is no slipping.

pv

Premium Features