• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TRS SHOCK SETUP FOR THE PRO RMK's

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Planning on either revalving or re-springing my shocks this year. Don't have the budget to do both and I was wondering which would bring the best performance for the money. I am approx 225 dressed and the shocks are actually on my IQ that I swapped the skid and ifs shocks from a pro onto. Thanks in advance!

Save yourself some money and have them all revalved.

Replace your RTS spring with an option from Polaris.

If you want acknowledgements to this setup, I have them from California to Wisconsin. From 150 to 270#, all you need is to adjust the RTS spring.

Just PM me and I will give you their contact info.

MH NOTE: Print these out and send them in with your shocks... be specific that they follow the instructions carfully

Copied from this thread:
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379204

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

IMG_0199.jpg IMG_0201.jpg IMG_0203.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
If you are sticking with the stock shocks.... this is a great setup... I've tried it out and it works.

I'll be trying them out this year on back up sled... TRS... You havent lead me wrong yet!!

Thx.

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Copied here for easy reference

Bump.

I've "broken out" TRS's post into it's own thread... and copied it here for easy reference.

IMO... The Synthetic oil and valve changes are "a big deal".

ONLY use the EXACT shims listed and not something "close enough" or worn out... make sure that the service center has the correct drills for the orifices and that they can guarantee that they will use the shock oil you specify.

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Hey TRS,
Other than the drills would you have all these shims available in a kit? I am in Canada and have the ability and equipment to do the rebuilds myself but need to find the shims and no one up here seems to have them? Also, I have 2013 shocks so perhaps the OEM valving has changed from the 11-12 version you show here in this thread?
Cheers
GKR

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Never mind the 12 vs 13 question, I went thru all the specs on both and also see you recommend this setup regardless. Would still like to find a vendor here in Canada (Edmonton) for shims/seals tho.......

Allterrain

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2010
I ran this setup this past Winter and was pretty happy with it. I already had raptor triple rate springs so I used those instead of the Polaris springs. I reused all the stock shims that I could ands ordered the rest straight from walker evans which works out about $20. Also ordered 4 seal kits for $15 each. 1 litre or quart of amsoil shock oil was $20. Only problem was the place that recharged them charged me $40 a shock just for the nitrogen charge. Pretty easy to do yourself, just need a sharp surgical needle to let out the nitrogen before you open them up and someone to recharge the nitrogen. Also don't attempt without a caliper to measure the shims.

Allterrain

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2010
Also wanted to add that I thought it handled and rode better without the sway bar, I think mostly do to the raptor springs. Felt too planted and harsh with the sway bar in I thought.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Also wanted to add that I thought it handled and rode better without the sway bar, I think mostly do to the raptor springs. Felt too planted and harsh with the sway bar in I thought.

Springs do change the ride characteristics. The valving package was set up for WE mono tubes and stock springs at prescribed lengths.

Last edited:
V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Thinking about getting WE Needle shocks (Assault) refreshed this summer. Also thinking about adding a sway bar disconnect to allow for easier tree riding. Will the revalve/refresh allow this or will different springs need to be added?

Phat Cat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2007
Lacombe, Ab
Hey Tony TRS. Thanks for posting the sheets. I have a question about the piston orifice. It says on the sheet "6 holes" Do I have to drill an additional 5 holes or just drill out the 1 bleed hole? Just drill out the one that my drill bit is pointing to in the pic? Thanks.
d8fbbe6ec64844098fe862f1e4b873b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Premium Features